Re: POP3 Gateway Mail Disappears After Download

Alex wrote:

You think the problem is the frequency 15 minutes?

With so many mailboxes, there are going to be times when it doesn't complete a full download in 15 minutes. If that happens, you can get multiple instances of the connector trying to download mail, and that *really* makes a mess.

I don't use SMTP because the Mail Server is out of my structure. I know POP3 is not the better option, but for use SMTP, I have another server to administrate in my structure.

Huh? You don't need another server to use SMTP, you have all you need on your SBS. You just change the MX record in your public domain DNS zone to point to the hostname associated with the public IP of your SBS. Run the CEICW to make sure that port 25 (SMTP) is allowed to your server, and configure any firewall device/router to forward port 25 to the SBS too.

Can I use other POP3 without problems with SBS2000?

Yes, there are other POP3 downloaders that you can use, but they really are not the permanent solution.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

  • RE: SBCs SMTP server quit working with SMTP connector
    ... Thank you for posting in the SBS newsgroup. ... Connector and Default SMTP Virtual Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant Send Mail - SMTP Issues
    ... Internet mail server does not have the correct DNS configuration required ... AOL.com also requires that for every inbound SMTP connection, ... Currently, if you SBS clients use Fixed IP address, it is better for them ... SMTP connector in SBS 2k3 is automatically ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBCs SMTP server quit working with SMTP connector
    ... SMTP connector and default SMTP virtual server. ... > Thank you for posting in the SBS newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 / ISA 2004 reports mail notification fails
    ... You have to rerun the CEICW to make sure your SBS 2003 server have right ... When you configure the ISA report notification, please input SBS ... internal NIC IP address in the SMTP server box, ... Can you telnet the exchange server from SBS thru SBS internal IP? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: multiple mail recieved in users mbox - relates to amount of re
    ... To setup SBS 2003 to receive email thru SMTP, we only need to run CEICW: ... Open Server Management. ... In the E-mail Retrieval Method page, uncheck Use the Microsoft Connector ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)