Re: POP3 Gateway Mail Disappears After Download

You think the problem is the frequency 15 minutes?

I don't use SMTP because the Mail Server is out of my structure. I know POP3
is not the better option, but for use SMTP, I have another server to
administrate in my structure.

Can I use other POP3 without problems with SBS2000?

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu na mensagem
Alex wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi have this problem since last July, I try to resolve with method 1 or
method 2, of article id:274539.
Sometimes it works and sometimes no.
I have 50 mailboxes, and the problem occurs every week in any mailbox.
I don't no why or when it appends. I discover when a user call me and say
don't receive mails in the last 2 or 3 days, is anything wrong?
My pop3 is SBS2000.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

With that many mailboxes, I'd reduce the frequency at which the Connector
checks for messages. I'd bet it's running out of time occasionally if it's
set to the minimum 15 minutes.

Even better, get rid of it and switch to SMTP, the protocol designed for
mail delivery to servers.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

  • RE: is there a windows or exchange equivalent of fetchmail?
    ... SBC email account and put it on a local exchange mailbox. ... In SBS Server, we can use the POP3 Connector to ... retrieve incoming email from ISP POP3 mailboxes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: POP3 to SMTP
    ... the POP3 service performs the tasks of message download and ... request handling on a Windows-based server, where message download consists ... defines how the server responds to requests sent from an e-mail client. ... The SMTP service receives e-mail from the Internet, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange emails not visible at client computer
    ... pop3 is for incoming mail only, you don't use it for outgoing mail. ... So we use their pipex smtp settings to send mail. ... So without exchange in the frame, we have two accounts setup that are used ... see the mails disappearing from the pop3 server as i collect them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: POP3 Is not working
    ... SMTP services so that when errors occur, they can send emails. ... The only people that will be collecting emails form the POP3 server are ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: POP3 Is not working
    ... > the POP3 service for email. ... > SMTP services so that when errors occur, ... > SMTP virtual server as I made some mistakes in setting it up and there ... > POP3's mailbox directory is 'mailbox' with a single mailbox setup ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)