Re: POP3 Gateway Mail Disappears After Download

Alex wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi have this problem since last July, I try to resolve with method 1 or
method 2, of article id:274539.
Sometimes it works and sometimes no.
I have 50 mailboxes, and the problem occurs every week in any mailbox.
I don't no why or when it appends. I discover when a user call me and say I
don't receive mails in the last 2 or 3 days, is anything wrong?
My pop3 is SBS2000.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

With that many mailboxes, I'd reduce the frequency at which the Connector checks for messages. I'd bet it's running out of time occasionally if it's set to the minimum 15 minutes.

Even better, get rid of it and switch to SMTP, the protocol designed for mail delivery to servers.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

  • Re: Multiple Email Domains
    ... When you connect to your Exchange server and send a message. ... It will always resolve to what even your primary SMTP address is. ... After setting up the mailboxes, you need to grant your default AD ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange 2003: Send with multiple addresses
    ... When you connect to your Exchange server and send a message. ... It will always resolve to what even your primary SMTP address is. ... After setting up the mailboxes, you need to grant your default AD ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Multiple Email Domains
    ... When you connect to your Exchange server and send a message. ... > It will always resolve to what even your primary SMTP address is. ... After setting up the mailboxes, you need to grant your default AD ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Strange exchange behaviour with space lost over weekend
    ... the air out of the file and make it closer to the actual size but may ... There are Exchange utilities to defrag it but you run ... > But if I look at the mailboxes and add up the sizes of all mailboxes it only comes to 1,390,438 KB. ... Jim B. SBS MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Resolving email address to Display Name
    ... I have an issue regarding resolving email addresses to diplay names on ... mailboxes that have recently been migrated to Exchange 2003 from ... wouldn't resolve this to the diplay name, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)