Event ID: 1056
Date: 06/11/2021
Time: 09:16:40
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
The DHCP service has detected that it is running on a DC and has no
credentials configured for use with Dynamic DNS registrations initiated
by
the DHCP service. This is not a recommended security configuration.
Credentials for Dynamic DNS registrations may be configured using the
command
line "netsh dhcp server set dnscredentials" or via the DHCP
Administrative
tool.

Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 ....

Any ideas on what this could be? or how to fix this? we have had
unexpected
restarts and power issues recently that we do not understand also.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris

  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... so we don't even know if dhcp is configured on ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ... no internet connection from the server. ... dns suffix search list: MuellerElectrical.local ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DHCP and companyweb problems
    ... If the DHCP traffic is being denied by ISA which rule is it showing that is ... SBS FTP Server Access, RDP Server Access, RDP Outbound disabled. ... Client name is correct ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Installing new SBS 03 server. Will that be 1 Nic or 2 ?
    ... The only difference I'm aware of with SBS DHCP is that it's configured by ... I guess technically 2 NICs would be more secure, but hopefully the SonicWall ... and when the server was about 6 weeks old a drive failed. ... DHCP on the SBS is configured with the CEICW. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Best way to connect via wireless in new SBS install?
    ... (192.168.16.x - your SBS DHCP scope). ... will get internet access through the SBS. ... wireless-capable router for that purpose. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Configuring SBS 2000 for NAT.
    ... The problem is not specifically due to whether or not SBS is doing DHCP. ... both the internet and the workstations to exist together. ... and even the server in order for the software ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)