Re: MAC and SBS

I read the document, I will not know until I try it tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks for all the info.

--
IT

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

Not knowing what Mac OS you have on the Macs, I would start with the first
document and disable SMB signing per that document:

Connecting Mac OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small Business
Server 2003 Network
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=89ee677b-0ff6-4558-a54b-6070e2c8cd65&displaylang=en

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"IT" <IT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello Merv,

Yes, it is 2003. I will take a look at these articles and let you know. I
read about disabling SMB signing, or access netwok via SMB, what is the
difference between the two, and which one would work.

thanks
--
IT

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

Is this SBS 2003. Assuming it is... (take you pick of articles)

Connecting Mac OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small Business
Server 2003 Network
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=89ee677b-0ff6-4558-a54b-6070e2c8cd65&displaylang=en

Connecting a Macintosh to SBS 2003 Server via SMB
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/archives/2004/12/connecting_a_macintosh_to_sbs.shtml

Connecting a Macintosh running Leopard (10.5) to SBS 2003
http://www.smallbizserver.net/Articles/tabid/266/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/234/Default.aspx

Connecting a Macintosh running Mac OS 10.5 to an SBS 2003 Server
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2007/10/28/connecting-a-macintosh-running-mac-os-105-to-an-sbs-2003-server/

Connecting a Macintosh to an SBS 2003 Server via SMB (2007)
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2007/10/26/connecting-a-macintosh-to-an-sbs-2003-server-via-smb-2007/

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"IT" <IT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello all,

We are running SBS, all computers are PCs except two MACs, at one time
had
those two MACs connected tot the network, we had a server crash last
week
and
had to rebuild the server, I am not able to get the MAC connected
again,
and
I did not keep good documenations how I did it before, BAD. is there a
detailed docs. on How-to for this kind of situation.
keep in mind I am not a MAC guy, so please as simple as possible.
our internal domain is a .local, does it make a difference to MAC?

Thanks so much.

Thanks
--
IT

  • RE: Connecting Mac 10.4.1 to SBS 2k3 Network
    ... tell you how to configure the connectivity for your Mac OS... ... Connecting Macintosh OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small ... Business Server 2003 Network ... On the SBS server, run "gpmc.msc" and make sure the following policies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MAC and SBS
    ... read about disabling SMB signing, or access netwok via SMB, what is the ... Connecting Mac OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small Business ... Connecting a Macintosh to SBS 2003 Server via SMB ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: MAC and SBS
    ... document and disable SMB signing per that document: ... Connecting Mac OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small Business ... Server 2003 Network ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: MAC and SBS
    ... Connecting Mac OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small Business ... Connecting a Macintosh to SBS 2003 Server via SMB ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: I need a primer on how to Configure Windows 2003 to work with Mac os X panther
    ... > the digital signing requirement option in the security policy editor. ... > and I still cannot get the macs to connect to the shares on the w2k3 server. ... The digital signing solution only applies if you're connecting a Mac OS ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.macintosh)