Re: MAC and SBS

Hello Merv,

Yes, it is 2003. I will take a look at these articles and let you know. I
read about disabling SMB signing, or access netwok via SMB, what is the
difference between the two, and which one would work.

thanks
--
IT

"Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

Is this SBS 2003. Assuming it is... (take you pick of articles)

Connecting Mac OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small Business
Server 2003 Network
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=89ee677b-0ff6-4558-a54b-6070e2c8cd65&displaylang=en

Connecting a Macintosh to SBS 2003 Server via SMB
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/archives/2004/12/connecting_a_macintosh_to_sbs.shtml

Connecting a Macintosh running Leopard (10.5) to SBS 2003
http://www.smallbizserver.net/Articles/tabid/266/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/234/Default.aspx

Connecting a Macintosh running Mac OS 10.5 to an SBS 2003 Server
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2007/10/28/connecting-a-macintosh-running-mac-os-105-to-an-sbs-2003-server/

Connecting a Macintosh to an SBS 2003 Server via SMB (2007)
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2007/10/26/connecting-a-macintosh-to-an-sbs-2003-server-via-smb-2007/

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"IT" <IT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello all,

We are running SBS, all computers are PCs except two MACs, at one time I
had
those two MACs connected tot the network, we had a server crash last week
and
had to rebuild the server, I am not able to get the MAC connected again,
and
I did not keep good documenations how I did it before, BAD. is there a
detailed docs. on How-to for this kind of situation.
keep in mind I am not a MAC guy, so please as simple as possible.
our internal domain is a .local, does it make a difference to MAC?

Thanks so much.

Thanks
--
IT

  • RE: Connecting Mac 10.4.1 to SBS 2k3 Network
    ... tell you how to configure the connectivity for your Mac OS... ... Connecting Macintosh OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small ... Business Server 2003 Network ... On the SBS server, run "gpmc.msc" and make sure the following policies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Converting Macintosh Files
    ... having trouble with is the Macintosh data that's stored on the one server ... SFM and having the clients connect via SMB. ... Your Mac files may not have lost their resource forks. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.macintosh)
  • Re: Mac to PC file sharing issues on SBS2003
    ... > Actually I still hesitate between sbs 2003 or an OS X server. ... did you choose smb or services for mac? ... Your choice between SMB and SFM is relatively easy - will the OS X Macs ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MAC and SBS
    ... Connecting Mac OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small Business ... Connecting a Macintosh to SBS 2003 Server via SMB ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Home directory for Mac
    ... > WinXP setup perfectly in that the home directories are on the server. ... Take a look at these links for AFP and SMB connections from the Mac to SBS: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)