Re: MAC and SBS

Is this SBS 2003. Assuming it is... (take you pick of articles)

Connecting Mac OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small Business
Server 2003 Network
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=89ee677b-0ff6-4558-a54b-6070e2c8cd65&displaylang=en

Connecting a Macintosh to SBS 2003 Server via SMB
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/archives/2004/12/connecting_a_macintosh_to_sbs.shtml

Connecting a Macintosh running Leopard (10.5) to SBS 2003
http://www.smallbizserver.net/Articles/tabid/266/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/234/Default.aspx

Connecting a Macintosh running Mac OS 10.5 to an SBS 2003 Server
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2007/10/28/connecting-a-macintosh-running-mac-os-105-to-an-sbs-2003-server/

Connecting a Macintosh to an SBS 2003 Server via SMB (2007)
http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2007/10/26/connecting-a-macintosh-to-an-sbs-2003-server-via-smb-2007/

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"IT" <IT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello all,

We are running SBS, all computers are PCs except two MACs, at one time I
had
those two MACs connected tot the network, we had a server crash last week
and
had to rebuild the server, I am not able to get the MAC connected again,
and
I did not keep good documenations how I did it before, BAD. is there a
detailed docs. on How-to for this kind of situation.
keep in mind I am not a MAC guy, so please as simple as possible.
our internal domain is a .local, does it make a difference to MAC?

Thanks so much.

Thanks
--
IT

  • Re: Mac file names too long??
    ... > Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... > networking settings on the MAC; modify the directory service options; ... > some settings on the SBS server need to be changed. ... > I. Check the TCP/IP properties of the MAC client. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Mac OS X users cannot connect to shared drives on SBS
    ... To connect MAC OSX computers to SBS 2003 network, ... Services for Macintosh on SBS 2003 server to provide file and printer ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Mac to PC file sharing issues on SBS2003
    ... > Actually I still hesitate between sbs 2003 or an OS X server. ... did you choose smb or services for mac? ... Your choice between SMB and SFM is relatively easy - will the OS X Macs ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Connecting Mac 10.4.1 to SBS 2k3 Network
    ... tell you how to configure the connectivity for your Mac OS... ... Connecting Macintosh OS X 10.3 and Higher Clients to a Windows Small ... Business Server 2003 Network ... On the SBS server, run "gpmc.msc" and make sure the following policies ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Administration
    ... I am connecting directly to the IP address ... The SBS is still ... ISA Server to enable the Remote Desktop connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)