Re: DNS warning.

Chris,
please understand this. those IPs and Domain are the standard internet DNS
servers. you need ALL OF THEM in your Cache.DNS
Open your Cache.DNS file under the location i specified below.
you need to open this file with notepad

copy the text without the >> to the bottom of the file
close it and save it.
there.
another way is to manually enter them : example on the root hints page click
the add and for the record type a.root-server.net IP= 198.41.0.4
do it for all of them and make sure you remove your server for the list.
here are the root hints:

@ NS a.root-servers.net.
a.root-servers.net A 198.41.0.4
@ NS b.root-servers.net.
b.root-servers.net A 192.228.79.201
@ NS c.root-servers.net.
c.root-servers.net A 192.33.4.12
@ NS d.root-servers.net.
d.root-servers.net A 128.8.10.90
@ NS e.root-servers.net.
e.root-servers.net A 192.203.230.10
@ NS f.root-servers.net.
f.root-servers.net A 192.5.5.241
@ NS g.root-servers.net.
g.root-servers.net A 192.112.36.4
@ NS h.root-servers.net.
h.root-servers.net A 128.63.2.53
@ NS i.root-servers.net.
i.root-servers.net A 192.36.148.17
@ NS j.root-servers.net.
j.root-servers.net A 192.58.128.30
@ NS k.root-servers.net.
k.root-servers.net A 193.0.14.129
@ NS l.root-servers.net.
l.root-servers.net A 198.32.64.12
@ NS m.root-servers.net.
m.root-servers.net A 202.12.27.33

"Chris...." wrote:

I had try... but the below ip address is not clear, can you advise which
domain name and ip adress I can use.....

Chris

"Rayden" <Rayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Okay,
To update root hints on the DNS server
1.
Open DNS.

2.
In the console tree, click the applicable DNS server.

Where?

. DNS/applicable DNS server

3.
On the Action menu, click Properties.

4.
Click the Root Hints tab.

5.
Modify server root hints as follows:

. To add a root server to the list, click Add, and then specify the name
and
IP address of the server to be added to the list.

. To modify a root server in the list, click Edit, and then specify the
name
and IP address of the server to be modified in the list.

. To remove a root server from the list, select it in the list, and then
click Remove.
If you see the name of your server here REMOVE IT.

. To copy root hints from a DNS server, click Copy from server, and then
specify the IP address of the DNS server from which you want to copy a
list
of root servers to use in resolving queries. These root hints will not
overwrite any existing root hints.

If you do not have another server to copy the files from do the following.
Remove your server from the root hints.
close the DNS Tab
go to start Run
type the following: C:\Windows\system32\DNS
hit enter
you will see the Cache.DNS File
Open it with word pad. make sure to uncheck the always open this type of
file with this program check mark.
copy these DNS servers and paste them into the file. This is the stardard
DNS configuration with all known servers that point to .com, net, .org
etc.

[...]

Notes

. To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Administrators
group on the local computer, or you must have been delegated the
appropriate
authority. If the computer is joined to a domain, members of the Domain
Admins group might be able to perform this procedure. As a security best
practice, consider using Run as to perform this procedure.

. To open DNS, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click
Administrative
Tools, and then double-click DNS

After you do this Run the IPconfig/Flush DNS command
Then run the Ipconfig/registerdns
Reboot the server and your problem should be gone.

"beeboo_beeboo@xxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:

how can i do this... please help

"Rayden" <Rayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
This problem i seen it happening when you first install active
directory
using the wizard to automatically configure DNS. because the server
does
not
find any suitable DNS servers during installation it assigns itself as
the
root hints.
I had two servers on my domain so i just copied the root hints from a
good
working server to this one. If you go to DNS (administrator tools- DNS)
right
click on the DNS server and go to the root hints tab. if you only see
your
server listed that is the cause of your problem. you need to remove
your
server from there and enter the internet root hints there

hope this helps.

"beeboo beeboo" wrote:

Does any bosy can help me to solve belows warning.... it kept show in
the
event log... thanks

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: DNS