Re: what is the sharepoint limitations on SBS Standard Edition?

Rayden,

1. You're making some assumption (not sure where you got it) that Sharepoint
is crippled or limited. It's not.

2. You want to know more about Sharepoint? I say: dive in and play with it.
Make sure you have a good backup of Sharepoint. Microsoft has instructions
for doing so here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/smallbusiness/prodtech/sbs/backup_restore_sbs2003.mspx
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2003/12/13/1103.aspx
http://msmvps.com/blogs/kwsupport/archive/2005/06/29/56224.aspx

3. Visit other sharepoint support sites:
http://www.wssdemo.com/default.aspx
http://wss.collutions.com/Lists/FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=191

4. Finally take a look at the fact that Microsoft has released over 30
different sharepoint templates
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsserver/sharepoint/wssapps/default.mspx
--
Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP]
"The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"

"Rayden" <Rayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I recently installed SBS in my office but i am afraid to start using the
sharepoint services as i dont know if i will run into a size limitation of
some sort.
i know microsoft will not let you have a full version of that program
without putting a lock some where. Can someone please tell me what are
the
limitation off the box on the sharepoint for SBS.

Thank you in advance.

Rayden

  • Re: SBS 2003 KB909544 Sharepoint
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... This issue occurs when the SharePoint Timer Service tries to contact the ... If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Premium Sharepoint Services 3.0 update with SQL 2005
    ... you are prompted to run the SharePoint Products ... and Technologies Configuration Wizard to complete the installation of the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... uninstall WSS 3.0 and WSUS and then install them in the correct order? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Error Messages after Sharepoint Update
    ... thank you for using Microsoft newsgroup. ... Error Messages after Sharepoint Update ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: icw error / owa, iis
    ... Identifier 1 should be Default Web Site. ... Identifier 2 should be Microsoft SharePoint Administration ... Identifier 4 should be companyweb ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: RE-Install Sharepoint
    ... we need to reinstall SharePoint SP1 and SBS SP1. ... Windows SharePoint Services Service Pack 1 ... Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)