Re: Installing 3rd party RAID drivers

I recently ran into the same problem with my Intel server with S5000VSA
mother board with embedded SATAII Raid Controller. I used a freeware to
Slipstreem the SBS 2003 install disk with it. the freeware is nlite and can
be found at http://www.nliteos.com/ . What you do is copy your SBS 2003
Setup Disk 1 to a hard disk on another computer and install nlite. When you
run nlite, you tell it where the SBS 2003 copy is and where the RAID driver
is located. It will combine the two and produce and ISO file. Burn the ISO
file onto a CD using software such as Nero. This CD can now be used to
install SBS 2003.

Good Luck.

--
AAS

"Jez Thomas" wrote:

"Stew" <Stew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
I have a new Intel server w/[2] 320 GB SATAII drives and a CD-ROM drive but
no floppy drive. It's a 1U server chassis and there is no room for a
floppy.
I have the [3] bay SATA hot swap bay option. And my drive board is the
SIIG
SATA II PCIe RAID adapter.

During install, setup asks to have me press F6 to install the SIIG
drivers.
Then it finds out I have no floppy and only gives the option of F3 to
quit.
I can't believe that Microsoft will not allow drivers to be installed from
CD-ROM. How in the hell can I proceed? Is there some trick to this I
don't
know about?

Thanks!!

SATA RAID sometimes works in strange ways.

On some servers (like an HP Proliant DL320G3) , the best procedure is to
install Windows 2003 to a single disk with the SATA controller in "standard"
mode. You then install the drivers (Apply the Proliant Support Pack in this
case), and go back into the BIOS and enable "Enhanced" mode, which allows
you to create a AID by mirroring the 1st disk to the 2nd.

On other servers (Like a HP Proliant ML310G3), the only option is to use an
external USB floppy drive with the driver on and install it on a RAID that
you've already created. And you need to watch out, because not all USB
floppy drives will work - I think you need one that conforms to the USB 2.0
standard.

Does the server supplier have a hotline you can call? This is a common
question on SATA servers.

The SATA drivers tend to be supplied by the controller manufacturors, so
this is something that is beyond HP or Microsoft control.

  • Re: How to remove vestage DNS entries?
    ... By promoting the new server, ... >> converted to a secondary domain controller. ... I tried to install the Microsoft.net SP1 and it gave me the following error ... "The Upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer because the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: IBM ServerRAID 4L Problem
    ... Not SCSI but nice controller for a mid-range win2k03 .NET IIS ... Again using the 3HB I tried to install Win2k Server thinking it may be a ... driver problem with Linux but install halted at ntdll.dll can't be loaded. ... PCI slot, IRQ's, etc, can ...
    (comp.periphs.scsi)
  • Re: Problem with Raid Array persistence across reboots.
    ... I recently set up a Sarge box, with raid and LVM. ... 0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. Server Memory Controller Hub ... Install base system: ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to remove vestage DNS entries?
    ... By promoting the new server, ... >>> converted to a secondary domain controller. ... > I tried to install the Microsoft.net SP1 and it gave me the following ... > "The Upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Cant install XP Raid5/ P5B-E
    ... Would it be an advantage to use a controller card instead of the ... press to enter the Intel RAID screen ... Now, install Windows, and use F6 to install a RAID driver. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)