Re: Installing SBS 2003 R2 on a machine with no OS

Don't know where you got your media from...hopefully, you have confirmed with your supplier that this is not the recalled version of R2.

That being said...
R2 on a standard SBS is nothing more than an addition CD

You still install the SBS 2003 with SP1 as your Core OS

--
Cris E. Hanna [SBS-MVP]
Hi,

I have a brand new server with no OS. I also have the 5 CDs that come with
SBS 2003 R2. However, if I just try to boot off of Disk 1 of the SBS 2003 R2
CDs, I notice that it is not a bootable disk.

Then, in the Getting Started guide, I noticed this:
"Whether you are completing a new installation or upgrading your server, you
must complete Setup for Windows SBS 2003 with SP1"

Okay, so does this mean I need to purchase SBS 2003 with SP1 and install
that first?

Thanks for your help.

KR

  • RE: SBS2k3 SP1 SP2 mess
    ... It said file not found when attempting to install SBS SP1. ... Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Service Pack 1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Does SP1 install XP SP2 on all workstations?
    ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... >Subject: Re: Does SP1 install XP SP2 on all workstations? ... >> be assigned to client computers when you apply SBS 2003 SP1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Webparts error after sp1 install
    ... SBS 2k3 Premium ... server set up to install the intranet. ... server prompted me that the version needed upgradeing to sp1 level. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Received fax errors after running SFC.exe
    ... No error message but it just doesn't seem to install. ... I do not have slipstreamed SBS CDs and as ... slipstreamed media the best I can think of is to extract the Win2003 SP1 ... Server Management> Fax> Configure Phone and Modem Options. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Updates and Problems
    ... I am not sure if it happened specifically after applying Win2K3 SP1 or SBS ... I haven't uninstalled the service pack on this server yet, ... > strictly follow the documents to install SBS SP1: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)