Re: [Urgent] SBS 2k3 server can't login after reboot

Maybe some pointers... (but not the exact error code you're getting)

A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for
this computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B555488

What types of media did you use and exactly how di you do fresh install
(eval, Volume license, Full retail, OEM,etc.)?

Also, you might get a better response by posting intrhe SBS 2003 Newsgroup:

microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

--
Merv Porter [SBS MVP]
===================================
"Elliott Ho" <ElliottHo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I've fresh installed SBS 2k3 server & already activated via internet.
After
reboot, It'll prompt me "Activation" again and I perform re-activation, It
will shown "
"A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for
this computer. Error Code : 0x800d310b" and then auto logout and go back
login screen. Can anyone tells me how to fix it w/o reinstallation??

Here is my configuration:
IBM x.346 server
EonStor A08U RAID storage (Total 4 x 300GB SATA RAID 5, SBS 2k3 installed
in
that drive)

Thanks & Regards,
Elliott

  • 0x80090006
    ... A problem is preventing windows from accurately ... checking the license for this computer ... Error Code: 0x80090006 ... I was puzzled with this error after installing Adobe ...
  • Re: Problems with Windows Update
    ... Try running the validation tool ... A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. ... Error Code: 0x80004005 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • windows license checking
    ... >that 'A problem is preventing Windows from accurately ... >checking the license for this computer. ... Error code: ... I've tried logging on as different users on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Error when XP tries to start.
    ... I am getting a message " A problem is preventing Windows ... from accurately checking the license for this computer. ... Error Code; 0x80090019" ... restore disk, ...
  • Re: Connection monitor versus licenses
    ... What you might be seeing on the licensing node of standard management is the maximum number of users that SBS has seen connected, ... That isn't there to indicate how many CALs you can purchase. ... There is however another server product, called Windows Server for Small Business Server, which SBS is built upon. ... Some products have only "user" licensing; each user must have a license. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)