SBS2003 with ISA2004 and SSL = Error 500

Hi, I have a server with SBS2003 and ISA2004. I wanted to add an SSL
certificate to the OMA and OWA sites, so I obtained one in the format
myserver.domain.net from a third party and installed it on the server and
in the ISA2004 firewall rule.

ISA shows the TO part of the publishing rule as publishing.domain.local

When I try and access the site externally I get

a.. Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The target principal name is
incorrect. (-2146893022)

What should I have named the server on the certificate and how do I solve
the problem?

Any help greatly appreciated.

  • RPC over HTTP, Microsoft solution
    ... Exchange Server 2003 RPC over HTTP Deployment Scenarios ... Place a check in the box next to 'Certificate Services' and click 'Yes' ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: OWA 2003 w/ Smart Card Authentication.
    ... Exchange 2003 server via ActivSync. ... the IIS certificate. ... Whether or not authentication will succeed is completely dictated by ... Server's SSL certificate must be configured on root of v-server via ...
  • Re: Configuring LDAP on Entourage 2004 OS X
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... does not work with a self signed SSL certificate OR with the SSL ... configure the System to allow OMA and "Server ActiveSync" access from the ... Configuring Exchange Server 2003 for Client Access. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Configuring SBS2003 for OWA and RWW
    ... And make sure certificate will not be ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... next to Preferred DNS server and next to ... If you are using ISA, please go to ISA management console, and navigate ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error code: 500... Certificate chain not trusted?
    ... "Ian Bethell" wrote in message ... Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. ... For more information about this event, see ISA Server Help. ... I've tried installing the certificate services and tried making different certificates for domain.local AND FQDN but neither worked. ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)