Re: SBS 4.5 Inetinfo Access Violation

Hmmm - no othwer ideas I'm afraid. I wouldn't think you'd need the IIS
stuff for the migration, so is it necessary to fix it at all?

PS: Just curious, are you able to "swing" the exchange data stores from 4.5
to 2003 without using exmerge (ie: avoid losing single instance storage).

--
Allan Williams

"John Chapman" <jwcspam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
324$ed2619ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">news:433a5337$0$16324$ed2619ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [...]
> following Jeff's instructions to the letter. Unfortunately, the client is
> re-using his server hardware so this currrently has one hard drive on
> SBS4.5 and the other on Windows Server 2003 (unpromoted). I can only try
> to sort the issues during weekend downtime.
>
> Regards
>

> John
>
> "Al Williams" <donotreplydirect@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Did you try rebooting allowing no local server or lan activity for 5-10
>> minutes afterwards (ie: no one logs in).
>>
>> Check the system event log, those application events are red herrings.
>>
>> I would not be reinstalling anything - these INETINFO issues are a known
>> problem and aren't fixed by reinstalling always. Exchange has nothing to
>> do with the issue so definately don't do anything there.
>>
>> Maybe try replacing your IIS's METABASE.BIN file from a good backup.
>> That fixed my IIS once before after it didn't come up after a restart.
>>
>> INETINFO issues are common, I'd search the newsgroups at for "smallbiz
>> INETINFO" and you'll get lots of information on
>> this subject (I see your a "frequent poster" on this subject as well -
>> time for the upgrade ;-) )
>>

>> --
>> Allan Williams
>>

>> "John Chapman" <jwcspam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> 787$ed2e19e4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">news:433939f0$0$49787$ed2e19e4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> In the process of upgrading to SBS 2003 but still need to sort this
>>> problem if poss. as need to get the console running. IIS won't start so
>>> all proxies except winsock are stopped and will not start. Dr Watson
>>> error 'access violation 0xC0000005 at address 0x646027ee".
>>>
>>> The problem suddenly occurred and seems totally unrelated to any work
>>> which may have been carried out on the server (although there may
>>> possibly have been a power outage).
>>>
>>> The ONLY errors in the application log when you try to start an IIS
>>> service are:-
>>>
>>> The description for Event ID ( 1001 ) in Source ( SQLCTR70 ) could not
>>> be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): SQL Performance
>>> DLL Open function failed..
>>>
>>> The Open Procedure for service "MSSQLServer" in DLL "SQLCTR70.DLL"
>>> failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status
>>> code returned is DWORD 0.
>>>
>>> (are these red herrings?)
>>>
>>> I have checked the url cache registry entries and permissions as per KB
>>> 242285. All OK and caching turned off so cache empty.
>>>
>>> Anyone got any ideas? Is it a big job to uninstall/re-install IIS and
>>> does it impact on Exchange? Is it OK to just re-install Exchange over
>>> the top of the existing (SP4) copy? Is there a KB procedure for the
>>> process? Currently Total Virus Defence is installed but can be removed
>>> as alternative is to be deployed. My client has large mailboxes and
>>> large number of Public folders so we can't risk any problems with

    ... re-using his server hardware so this currrently has one hard drive on SBS4.5 ... > I would not be reinstalling anything - these INETINFO issues are a known ... Exchange has nothing to ... > fixed my IIS once before after it didn't come up after a restart. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • CAB file extraction error while using IIS 4->5 Migration Wizard utility
    ... I am using Microsoft's IIS Migration Wizard to transfer web site ... the source server and is downloaded successfully to the target server. ... files from the CAB file on the target server. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Troubleshooting IIS 4.0
    ... you should post this to general iis group rather than this FTP focus ... see IIS Status Codes ... > records with a status of 500, "IIS Server Problem". ... > time to high memory or CPU usage by inetinfo .exe. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: How specify a code page for IIS 6.0
    ... I am having a similar problem and need to know where on the server (or IIS ... your browser is not able to correctly display the fonts required in the ... > correctly after the migration. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • How specify a code page for IIS 6.0
    ... I installed a Windows 2003 server with IIS 6.0 and then migrated some web ... correctly after the migration. ... Could you please tell me how to specify the default code ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)