Re: SBS2003 Premium and Symantec NAV corp

Some ppl . . . . it works just fine. The issue is the firewall is doing its
job.

Configured LiveUpdate with the proxy server name. (All this can be
configured through the LiveUpdate applet in Control Panel.)

There is a tech note on MS & Symantec support sites.

"Mariette Knap [SBS MVP]" wrote:

> In news:OXHoBgNTFHA.2336@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> Jo Lambrecht <jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have SBS2003 Premium edition and symantec antivirus
> > corporate edition v9.0 working together ?
> >
> > I"ve installed it om my SBS2003 PREM. server and everything goes fine,
> > except for sheduled automatic updates.
> > I"ve uninstalled and reinstalled NAV corp., totally cleaned the
> > registry, reinstalled, etc...
> > went trough any possible knowledge base article in the symantec
> > database, but no succes.
> > I've been busy now for about 5 weeks to solve the problem, and now i"m
> > trying to look at it from a different angle, the SBS2003 angle.
> > Could there be a compatibilty issue between those 2 systems ? Could
> > default ISA server block traffic from symantec, altough it works
> > manualy ?
> > Never the less, we deliver symantec products for years, we're
> > considering changing to another software.
> > Has anyone good experiences with any third party antivirus software.
>
> Hi Jo,
>
> I just don't like Symantec for several reasons. It takes a lot of resources,
> is very difficult to configure and complicated. Most used antivirus software
> on SBS is still Trend Micro CSM for SMB. It is cheap, easy and light.
>
> --
> Mariëtte Knap - MVP
> http://www.smallbizserver.net
> Take part in SBS forum:
> http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53

  • Re: Cant see performance report, etc. SBS2003
    ... When you install Symantec EP it adds Symantec to the web-sites in IIS. ... Reporting in server management does not work and give HTTP 404 error. ... Reinstall Monitoring component: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: strange Symantec behavior
    ... When you got the disabled icon were your network cards status visible. ... Symantec Gear Security is stopped. ... Undelete Server Edition 4.0. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • RE: SBS 2003 R2 hangs at "Applying your settings"....
    ... contact CSS support, since there could have more interactive troubleshoot ... Due to support nature of newsgroup, it is not convenient to be ... server from the internet and perform a clean boot on the server. ... The issue should be related to Symantec Corp 10.1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: symantec antivirus can not auto update behind isa 2004
    ... Have you considered altering your Symantec configuration slightly? ... is possible and preferred using Symantec Enterprise to have your Server ... > user that have an allow rule on the ISA Server." ... >> How didi you schedule LiveUpdate? ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.clients)
  • Re: symantec antivirus can not auto update behind isa 2004
    ... Have you considered altering your Symantec configuration slightly? ... is possible and preferred using Symantec Enterprise to have your Server ... > user that have an allow rule on the ISA Server." ... >> How didi you schedule LiveUpdate? ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.enterprise)