VPN Connects, But Doesn't Do Anything

We have a system running XP that is trying to get remote access to our SBS
2003 system. A VPN connection is set up, and it connects (through DSL),
showing the network icon down in the tray. However, only the "front"
computer light on the tray icon ever shows activity, not the "back" light.
We cannot browse the network or see any resource.

The remote system is behind a Linksys router, with all VPN connections in
its setup set to "enable". Changing the router to DMZ has no effect.

SBS server is on static IP. The remote system is on dynamic.

Other remote systems can connect properly. Where can I start connecting or
looking for troubleshooting angles? Could Windows Firewall be causing any
issues?

caz

  • RE: Need help setting up VPN access
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... I understand that you want to setup VPN connection for some remote clients. ... 2> For IP configuration on server and client workstations, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: VPN with SBS 2003 (not R2) and DSL (Part Two)
    ... SBS 2003 with 1 NIC ... You ran the CEICW and Remote Access Wizard, ... Business Server on remote client to establish VPN connection to SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote Connection to SBS-2000
    ... Welcome to SBS newsgroup. ... the traffic to remote 3389 is blocked. ... SBS 2000 and then establish the VPN connection to SBS 2000 then try to RDP ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Routing problem on Sbs 2003
    ... You create a demand dial VPN connection from the SBS server to the remote ... Do you want a site-to-site VPN connection that connects the SBS internal ... Deploying a PPTP-based Site-to-Site VPN Connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote Connection to SBS-2000
    ... But, if I reboot and didn't login locally to the SBS-2000, I cannot RDP it ... ... > Welcome to SBS newsgroup. ... the traffic to remote 3389 is blocked. ... > SBS 2000 and then establish the VPN connection to SBS 2000 then try to RDP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)