Re: SBS2003 Premium and Symantec NAV corp

In news:OXHoBgNTFHA.2336@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Jo Lambrecht <jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone have SBS2003 Premium edition and symantec antivirus
> corporate edition v9.0 working together ?
>
> I"ve installed it om my SBS2003 PREM. server and everything goes fine,
> except for sheduled automatic updates.
> I"ve uninstalled and reinstalled NAV corp., totally cleaned the
> registry, reinstalled, etc...
> went trough any possible knowledge base article in the symantec
> database, but no succes.
> I've been busy now for about 5 weeks to solve the problem, and now i"m
> trying to look at it from a different angle, the SBS2003 angle.
> Could there be a compatibilty issue between those 2 systems ? Could
> default ISA server block traffic from symantec, altough it works
> manualy ?
> Never the less, we deliver symantec products for years, we're
> considering changing to another software.
> Has anyone good experiences with any third party antivirus software.

Hi Jo,

I just don't like Symantec for several reasons. It takes a lot of resources,
is very difficult to configure and complicated. Most used antivirus software
on SBS is still Trend Micro CSM for SMB. It is cheap, easy and light.

--
Mariëtte Knap - MVP
http://www.smallbizserver.net