Re: Windows SBS 2003

You've put the admin in the remote desktop users group probably.

Amit Mangla wrote:
I have windows sbs 2003 installed on HP proliant server. Today when i am login on this server by "administrator" user it says "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively" but when i access the same server through remote desktop by "administrator" user
it is working fine.

Pls advise how to resolve this.

  • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
    ... I followed your instructions on applying the predefined security templates. ... I still can’t set any of the local security policies on the server box. ... > using local Administrator account to test, ... >>> member of either the Remote Operators group or the Domain Power Users ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Help - administrator locked out!
    ... Second - thanks for your extremely helpful response. ... with 1 Novell server. ... I don't pretend that I'm some sort of super administrator or anything. ... I agree it's my practices that have got me into trouble in the first ...
  • Re: FIRED IT ADMIN HAS LOCKED US OUT OF SBS
    ... you have risen to an Administrator this would be a given. ... server and run all LOB apps on these. ... If there are no encrypted files, just reset the DSRM account ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Unable to login to SBS Server
    ... As this company had no backup device we purchased & shut the server down ... "the local policy of this system does not allow you to logon interactively" ... "Logon Failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at ... I guess this is because the administrator cannot log on so I then checked ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: FOR A SKILLED IT EXPERT - WIN2K SERVER - DOMAIN CONTROLLER
    ... After installing a parallel copy of WIN2K SERVER, ... Administrator access in Directory Services Restore Safe Mode. ... > Thanks Roger - OK - just finished a second windows server installation> to ... > Will try this and see if she boots up in the first installation.... ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)