Re: FTP

Sorry Mariette,

Just to clarify, the Win2k clients have the firewall client installed but
the Macs do not. (I am not sure you can install the firewall client on a
Mac.....can you??)

Cheers

Terry

"Mariette Knap [SBS MVP]" <mariette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> In news:%23FINEf2SFHA.3040@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> Terry <terry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an SBS2003 server, windows2000 clients and Mac clients. SBS
> > server has 2 Nics and runs ISA. It also has a netscreen firewall
> > which also has a VPN channel to another office.
> >
> > The problem I have is that no-one in the main office (Mac or Windows
> > client) can access outside FTP sites to download files.
> >
> > The other office runs server 2003 and also has a netscreen firewall.
> > This does NOT run ISA. The other ofice can access outside FTP sites
> > to download files no problem.
> >
> > The Netscreen setup is identical both sides which leads me to believe
> > that the problem lies either in the multihome of the server or in the
> > ISA config.
>
> Do the clients have the Firewall client installed? You should install this
> from \\Servername\mspclnt
>
> --
> Mariëtte Knap - MVP
> http://www.smallbizserver.net
> Take part in SBS forum:
> http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53

  • ISA2004 and Macs
    ... How do you get Macs internet access thru firewall policies? ... the firewall client on Windows machines and have several Macs on the network ... Clients running WinXP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.clients)
  • REPOST: Firewall Client Disconnects
    ... Subject: Firewall Client disconnects? ... reported it was unable to connect to the ISA server. ... The Firewall Client is for ISA 2004. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: REPOST: Firewall Client Disconnects
    ... -> Define Connection Limits ... Subject: Firewall Client disconnects? ... reported it was unable to connect to the ISA server. ... The Firewall Client is for ISA 2004. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: REPOST: Firewall Client Disconnects
    ... >> Subject: Firewall Client disconnects? ... >> reported it was unable to connect to the ISA server. ... >> Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ...