Re: FTP

Hi Mariette,

They do indeed. They are able to talk to the Internet, just not able to
connect to clients FTP sites to download their work. The other office can
connect fine and download the files, which both offices can then access, but
this is not a long term solution.

cheers

Terry
"Mariette Knap [SBS MVP]" <mariette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> In news:%23FINEf2SFHA.3040@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> Terry <terry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an SBS2003 server, windows2000 clients and Mac clients. SBS
> > server has 2 Nics and runs ISA. It also has a netscreen firewall
> > which also has a VPN channel to another office.
> >
> > The problem I have is that no-one in the main office (Mac or Windows
> > client) can access outside FTP sites to download files.
> >
> > The other office runs server 2003 and also has a netscreen firewall.
> > This does NOT run ISA. The other ofice can access outside FTP sites
> > to download files no problem.
> >
> > The Netscreen setup is identical both sides which leads me to believe
> > that the problem lies either in the multihome of the server or in the
> > ISA config.
>
> Do the clients have the Firewall client installed? You should install this
> from \\Servername\mspclnt
>
> --
> Mariëtte Knap - MVP
> http://www.smallbizserver.net
> Take part in SBS forum:
> http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53

  • Re: Best Method to Download Data from a datalogger?
    ... Right now the clients download ... We want to make this process easier for our clients. ... task of exploring all the options from CF cards, USB flash drives (Thus ... amount of magic in the dongle cases to allow a unique address per truck. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Exchange 2k7 Address List updates
    ... able to download the current set of changes. ... can be forced to post a full offline address list by creating the DWORD ... next generates the offline address list, clients will perform a full OAB ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • "unknown publisher" on exe run from 2003 server network
    ... download the exe's in zip files from our web site. ... client with SP2, unzipped it, and put the exe on a Windows2003 server share. ... >From that point on ALL clients that tried to run the exe were getting the ... However, if you run it from the XPsp2 clients C: ...
  • Re: Autodetect is not working for some users
    ... I've downloaded that tool and tried it on the clients that don't detect the ... "Zuhair Attya" wrote: ... users are able download the wpad.dat file when access that URL; ... If not and they are on DHCP, you are not passing the default DNS domain via ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.clients)
  • Workstations Cannot Download Large Emails
    ... clients began having this problem about tthree weeks ... Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro workstations on peer- ... on W2K Server RRAS or McAfee Firewall is used on WXP/W2K ... When we try to download emails with large attachments, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)