Re: Fax problem

Hi Aaron,

I have had this problem on a number of sites and have discovered that they
go away if I change the Modem for a USR fax modem..... Dont know why or
pretend to understand it, tried slowing the modem speed down and all sort of
other tricks but nothing cured it till I changed the modem for a US Robotics
56k External Fax modem.....then problem dissappeared.......

HTH
Terry
"Aaron H" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
G$eSFHA.580@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">news:eF$0G$eSFHA.580@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I Have faxing configured on the SBS Box and have all faxes to be emailed
> as attachments to relevant people. All working fine except,
>
> some fax's drop a page. E.g.. will only receive page 4-5 and no where to
> be found is page one. These are random which pages fail.
>
> Please help
>
> Aaron

  • Re: SBS Fax service stops working Intermittently
    ... I cannot find your fax modem USR5633A in our Windows Server 2003 Catalog. ... So I am not sure if it works compatible with Windows Server 2003 Operating ... user might be able to receive faxes from these ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Receive faxes on SBS2003 (australia)
    ... I understand that you can not receive faxes after you ... upgraded to SBS 2003 sp1. ... I have checked the brand of the modem in Microsoft production catalog, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 TEL/FAX MODEM
    ... Frank McCallister SBS MVP ... I receave and send passibly 10-20 faxes a month. ... >>> server at my home office with four desk top clients signing on from ... >>> So how can this be done and with what modem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Problem with sbs 2003 fax
    ... Please see the response in microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz to your ... post titled "Fax problems W2k3 sbs" as I believe you are talking about the ... >have to restart the fax modem. ... >sharepoint to spread the faxes out, but this does the same thing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: modem for SBS 2003
    ... works before I buy it so can anyone recommend a modem that will work with SBS ... I have uninstalled the drivers that came with the modem which as you said ... I was also told by USR ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)