Re: Microsoft Fax

Hi,

Again, I have seen this problem with the Fax service although I tried
disabling and then re-enabling the fax device in the device manager to cure
it rather than re-installing the fax service. I have also noticed that the
device quite often comes up as disabled by itself on reboot.

AND... once again this disappeared once I changed the modem for a USR
external 56k Fax Modem........dont know why....just works...others ....just
dont....beats me

HTH

Terry

(by the way, I have no affiliation with USR in any way, but if theres anyone
from USR out there who wants to pay me commission on this LOL)
"lvlo" <lvlo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I just setup Windows SBS 2003 Premium with Exchange in a test lab. I
> configured 5 dummy accounts (Mobile User, User, Power User, Administrator,
> and a customized profile.) The problem I have is with two features I
thought
> I would be able to do but can't, and one error that I can't figure out.
>
> 1. Allow all users to view all faxes via the fax manager (specifically
> incoming and sent)
> 2. Have the faxes show in the http://comanyweb Incoming Faxes page.
>
> The error that I can't figure out is if I restart the SBServer then the
fax
> service on reboot fails, and I need uninstall the fax services via
add/remove
> programs reboot, and re-install. Did I botch up on installation? Any help
> much appreciated even on 1 of 3.
>
> Thank you,
>
> M. Merchant

  • Re: Cant uninstall Ethernet
    ... Disabling it will still leave the icon (as disabled in device manager), ... If I select Uninstall, that gives me some action ... ... before I enabled the Ethernet, and during that time I had no communication ... find anything in the manual regarding the disabling of Ethernet or the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Disable a HDD temporarily?
    ... You can not disable a hard drive in device manager. ... The O/P want the drive to NOT even spin. ... >> spins up whenever the system is started, and although in Power Options I ... >> of disabling a secondary HDD on a temporary basis so that it won't even ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Does anyone know a script to disable a device in Windows XP?
    ... My co-worker tried disabling it through device manager and it doesn't seem ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Getting my new PC networked with the old?
    ... by disabling the floppy controller in Device Manager (and/or disabling ... The Removable Disk entries are from a card reader that must be ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Fax modem on SBS2003
    ... You have to power off the USR and power back on, then in Device Manager ... A normal server reboot doesn't seem to cause any problems... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)