Re: FTP

In news:%23FINEf2SFHA.3040@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Terry <terry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an SBS2003 server, windows2000 clients and Mac clients. SBS
> server has 2 Nics and runs ISA. It also has a netscreen firewall
> which also has a VPN channel to another office.
>
> The problem I have is that no-one in the main office (Mac or Windows
> client) can access outside FTP sites to download files.
>
> The other office runs server 2003 and also has a netscreen firewall.
> This does NOT run ISA. The other ofice can access outside FTP sites
> to download files no problem.
>
> The Netscreen setup is identical both sides which leads me to believe
> that the problem lies either in the multihome of the server or in the
> ISA config.

Do the clients have the Firewall client installed? You should install this
from \\Servername\mspclnt

--
Mariëtte Knap - MVP
http://www.smallbizserver.net

  • Re: RWW Timing
    ... If you have installed ISA, ... Expand the server node and highlight ''Monitoring''. ... In the following website you can find many useful resources related to SBS ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 with ISA 2004 and EX2003 on dual gateway network
    ... If so, point all devices on the network to query SBS for DNS, the DNS server on SBS can then use root hints or your ISP's DNS servers as forwarders. ... If it's only www traffic that you want to monitor it would be possible to use ISA in single NIC mode. ... none of the clients us the ISA sever as their gateway because ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: server/connectcomputer from remote offices
    ... > Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... > should be SBS_LOGIN_SCRIPT.bat on the two DCs for remote clients. ... > DC not SBS 2K3 Server, unless they need to access SBS Resource (e.g. ... > the Copy button and paste the full content to the Newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DHCP Issues. Very strange
    ... default order of rule in ISA 2004. ... Windows SharePoint Services intranet site, ... server certificate on Web server name column and then click Next. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Can I Login to Two SBS Domains from One PC
    ... A's accounting application from 2 of company B clients. ... Run CEICW on SBS ... You have to rerun the CEICW to make sure your SBS 2003 server have right ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)