Workstations won't share objects or folders when logged into SBS 2

I have a client who stumped me with this one. SBS Server 2003 with
three workstations running XP Pro SP2 logging into the domain. Everything
works fine, Internet, Exchange, all of that. The problem is, the
workstations
won't share printers or folders. For instance, if he publishes a
printer to Active Directory, it publishes fine. But, no one can use
it. Same with shared folders. He tells me it asks for authentication
(username/password) when the other workstations try to access the
objects. I have run through all the normal stuff half a dozen times,
made sure he was publishing correctly, had him try setting up all the
workstation users as Admins, everything I could think of, still gets
the same problem. He took one of the workstations to a different
building with an SBS box and it all worked fine on that one, so it's
SOMETHING on the server, but what? He is trying to avoid a complete
reinstall. Anyone out there ever heard of this? Thanks.

Bob

  • Re: Slow netwrok access
    ... I suspect your right about the wireless laptop settings. ... run an ipconfig /all on the workstations to make sure the DNS settings were ... side note --- I usually just leave my DNS setting to use the ... > I can see that setting it to the SBS server would be OK for workstations, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Certain Secure Web Pages Very Slow Loading
    ... the proxy settings in IE and trying other workstations. ... I am using the ISA 2004 firewall client. ... You mentioned that SBS server normally uses port 80 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: XP Clients wont see SBS 2003 DNS or DCHP
    ... And is the DHCP service actually started on the SBS server? ... Now all the workstations are pulling addresses ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant log into Domain
    ... access my workstations from my SBS server again but still can't get a ... >> Windows IP Configuration ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote desktop to PC behing ADSL Router ?
    ... > forwarded to the SBS server. ... make sure that Remote Desktop is enabled ... > on the Windows XP workstations on the local intranet. ... > Another way would be to open port 3389 on your router and forward that port ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)