Re: Printer problems with SBS2003

Try this in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs - the SBS2003 group.

--
Allan Williams

"Richard Guarino" <rguarino@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Just finished a marathon session installing SBS2003 in an 2-story office
> building. I moved them from NT Server to a new Dell 1800 with SBS 2003
> professional preinstalled. As for clients, 2 use Win 2000 SP4 and 13 are
> still using NT 4 WS SP6a. All is working fine except for the printers.
>
> I have 2 jetdirect boxes that are detected and shared in the office.
> Jetdirect box 1 has an HP4 which everyone in the office can connect and
> print to. Jetdirect box 2 has a HP 4050, which nobody but the Admin can
> attatch to. Two other printers are shared throughout the office, but these
> can not be installed by uses either. Security permissions on all are
> configured to allow all of the users to print and manage the printer, yet
> I get a "you do not have sufficient access to connect to this printer"
> Then it says something about a driver needing to be installed locally.
>
> A related problem is that I can not install additional drivers for my
> printing devices that are shared on SBS03. I downloaded the NT drivers for
> the 4050, but It will not let me install them on the server.
>
> Is there a way of installing priinters to clients from SBS2003? Does
> anyone have experience with these issues?

  • Re: Server 2003 printing using RDP/TS with HP Inkjets
    ... Always test 3rd party print drivers before installing them in TS. ... The printers are a HP OfficeJet 5610 and a HP PhotoSmart 7600 Series ...
  • Re: Thinking about upgrading to Solaris 10
    ... > I'm sure the trivial input filter would have solved the problem if I ... HP laser printers are everywhere. ... > Installing and configuring printers is one of the areas where Windoze ... printers going with Solaris has been me setting things up wrong. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Vista boot Stuck on a black screen with a mouse cursor
    ... out VISTA. ... We use login scripts for installing printers, what we determined is, ... the user to accept the new driver to install the printer. ...
  • [SLE] lpq/lpstat segfault - cups problem - SuSE V9.2
    ... -bash: lpq: command not found ... -bash: lpstat: command not found ... Hardware -> printers, this tells me no printing system installed, ... Installing cups server manually via install software menu. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Print cluster post SP1 issues
    ... After installing it I ... Our cluster finished this procedure after two ... days (400 printers) and since taht it's running ok. ... Printer performance is slow on a large print server in Windows Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)