Re: "The network address is invalid" error on 2003 server connected via VPN to SBS2003 server

SBS server is 192.168.100.10
2003 Server is 192.168.0.100
Routers are both on 192.168.x.254
Subnet masks on both servers are 255.255.255.0
2003 server has DNS and WINS server addresses = 192.168.100.10 (SBS server)

(I'm in front of the 2003 Server right now, just started a re-partition &
reinstall, but suspecting I'm still going to see the problem again as I
suspect it may be on the SBS server, so I'd still appreciate your
assistance)

"Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> What are your IP Addresses and subnets for the Networks ?
>
> --
> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
> CI Information Technology
>
> "privatenews.Microsoft.Com" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Scenario:
>> SBS2003 server running successfully at head office.
>> Router-to-router VPN configured using 2 Cisco routers, also working well.
>> Have connected and used remote workstations via the SBS connectcomputer
>> wizard - no problem.
>> Currently attempting to add a 2003 server to the remote site for
>> file/print/email.
>>
>> Have joined the new server to the domain manually (could not do it
>> through the ConnectComputer wizard - this gave the above error at the
>> point where it changes the computer name).
>> I can access the SBS server from the new 2003 server and view files etc,
>> and can connect via terminal services etc.
>> However, I cannot perform certain functions remotely, such as:
>> After installing the 2003server admin tools on the 2003 server, I can't
>> access parts of the AD users profiles such as Dial-in, Terminal Services
>> Profile, Remote Control. This gives the error: "Could not load the
>> dial-in profile for this user because: The network address is invalid"
>>
>> The event log shows a corresponding error:
>> Event ID 1219 - Winlogon
>> logon rejected for (domain/user). Unable to obtain Terminal Server User
>> Configuration. Error: The network address is invalid
>>
>> Any suggestions greatfully received!!

  • RE: Lost OWA when Hdware firewall dropped
    ... connect to OWA even on the server via http://server name/exchange. ... DNS server setting to make sure that IP address of the SBS internal server ... return to the right internal IP address of SBS server? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN, mapped drives
    ... cannot access the shares on the SBS Server thru VPN ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote Access
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... How many network adapter you installed on the SBS server box? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Internet Access from server
    ... Since you ar ereferring to an external NIC, do we need to have 2 NICs? ... computers access the Internet through the SBS server, ... connected directly to the external NIC of the SBS server. ... Internet Connection Sharing overviewWith Internet Connection Sharing ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Getting lots of security errors in Security Log - Event ID 680 & 529
    ... The Password Policy need to be configured in Default Domain policy. ... Configure account lockout policy. ... On the problematic SBS server, please run the following command to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)