"The network address is invalid" error on 2003 server connected via VPN to SBS2003 server

Scenario:
SBS2003 server running successfully at head office.
Router-to-router VPN configured using 2 Cisco routers, also working well.
Have connected and used remote workstations via the SBS connectcomputer
wizard - no problem.
Currently attempting to add a 2003 server to the remote site for
file/print/email.

Have joined the new server to the domain manually (could not do it through
the ConnectComputer wizard - this gave the above error at the point where it
changes the computer name).
I can access the SBS server from the new 2003 server and view files etc, and
can connect via terminal services etc.
However, I cannot perform certain functions remotely, such as:
After installing the 2003server admin tools on the 2003 server, I can't
access parts of the AD users profiles such as Dial-in, Terminal Services
Profile, Remote Control. This gives the error: "Could not load the dial-in
profile for this user because: The network address is invalid"

The event log shows a corresponding error:
Event ID 1219 - Winlogon
logon rejected for (domain/user). Unable to obtain Terminal Server User
Configuration. Error: The network address is invalid

Any suggestions greatfully received!!

  • Re: Unable to Connect to Server/Client Desktop using RWW
    ... Please post the results of an ipconfig /all for the sbs server. ... I did another test after turning off the firewall on the remote. ... If port 4125 was not forwarded on the sbs machine, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Problem
    ... connectivity issues in SBS Server: ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... |> this computer on the Remote tab of properties of My Computer on SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Cannot Connect via remote desktop
    ... please ensure the domain name vpn.XXX.co.uk resolve to the ... As you want to connect the SBS via VPN, I suggest you also perform the ... select Disable Routing and Remote ... You have to rerun the CEICW to make sure your SBS 2003 server have right ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Adding a Remote Office Domain Controller
    ... For licensing question, the SBS 2003 supports the branch office scenario. ... We need configure licensing on the Windows DC server in the remote site. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #152
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Real Networks Helix Universal Server Remote Buffer Overflow ... ... NEW PRODUCTS FOR MICROSOFT PLATFORMS ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)