Re: Restricting web site access

Thanks a lot steve. I have tried a couple of your suggestions previously
without success and since found that I may need ISA 2000 SP2. Also the allow
all/all rule has probably thrown me.

Thanks again Steve

Gary..

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Gary D wrote:
>
>> Anybody any idea how to bar/allow access to certain websites/domains
> through
>> SBS2003. I have tried via destination sets, client address sets and site
> &
>> content rules. I cant find the info on the Microsoft web Site.
>>
>> Regards and thanks in advance
>>
>> Gary
>
> You would use Destination Sets to build a list of sites for which you wish
> to control access, and then you'd use Site&Content Rules to specify the
> access for those Destination Sets.
>
> Note that Deny rules "beat" Allow rules.
>
> If you want to only allow access to a small set of sites, the first step
> would be to remove the general S&C rule that allows access to all sites.
> Then create an S&C Allow Rule for a Destination Set that only holds your
> wanted sites.
>
> If you want to just deny access to a small set of sites, build a
> Destination Set for all the banned sites, then create an S&C Rule to Deny
> access to that Destination Set.
>
> Once you've done building the Rules, you need to restart the ISA services
> if you want the rules to have immediate effect. Otherwise, they'll be
> implemented the next time that ISA refreshes itself (normally only a few
> minutes, but does depend on how busy ISA is).
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

  • Re: ISA & External Web access to default website and RWW
    ... certificate name when you ran the CEICW? ... ISA uses destination sets for its web publishing rules, ... > the RWW so one of the employees can remote in from work. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA & External Web access to default website and RWW
    ... "Alex Georgevitch" wrote in ... I think I have my certificate all foobared. ... >> ISA uses destination sets for its web publishing rules, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA & External Web access to default website and RWW
    ... First, I have not tried to access with HTTPS, only through http. ... I think I have my certificate all foobared. ... > ISA uses destination sets for its web publishing rules, ... > has to match the destination set for ISA to allow the traffic. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW & OWA
    ... When Using IP instead of FQDN you need to create a Destination set in ISA. ... Click on Destination Sets and in the Right Pane you will see the predefined ... >I am having problems with RWW and OWA with ISA server in the way. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Security Q: IP is serving - how to stop?
    ... That can be accomplished by configuring the Web Publishing rules in ISA to ... destination sets in ISA and that seems to be the case here. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)