Re: Windows 95 as Parallel Print Servers

Get tcp/ip boxes [print server boxes] and upgrade those. Kill off the Win95s.

Allan C wrote:
A client will be migrating from SBS 4.5a to SBS 2003.
They still have 3 * Windows 95 computers that are used as print servers with
1 parallel printer connected to each.
Will this configuration work with SBS 2003?
If not, which print servers are recommended?

TIA.

-- An open letter to the Security Community:: http://msmvps.com/bradley/archive/2004/12/12/23540.aspx .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Capture LPT1 to JetDirect in DOS
    ... Unless HP has enabled some version of SMB on their print servers this will ... Windows Printing Team ... I can't easily get all the error message because my ... >> about getting XP to capture a printer port that exists as a physical ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Capture LPT1 to JetDirect in DOS
    ... Unless HP has enabled some version of SMB on their print servers this will ... Windows Printing Team ... I can't easily get all the error message because my ... >> about getting XP to capture a printer port that exists as a physical ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [HPADM] UNIX printing issues on a windows 2000 (remote host - print server) printers
    ... I have two windows print servers. ... PR-SR-1 running on windows NT ... I have a printer defined on both these print servers. ... I created a new print queue micro-1 setup as a remote print queue for the remote host PR-SR-1. ...
    (HP-UX-Admin)
  • Re: Does W2K3 Server Enterprise really need 3rd party firewall ?
    ... better), I use ZoneAlarm Pro for my file and print servers, as well as ... Windows 2003 machines I have set up as a workstation. ... they will support it before long, unless ICF gets the facelift that SP2 will ...
  • Re: Network Question Windows XP Pro
    ... Thanks, Phil. ... it fails to show other devices, like print servers which ... > My network places, click: view workgroup computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)