Tryin to install SBS client in a Win2000 computer

Hi, I've got a server running Backoffice Small Business Server 4.5 and I want
tio install the network client in a laptop that's running Win2000
professional. I have got a message that I need to configure manually the
client. The problem is that without the client installed I can't run the
Proxy client in this laptop therefore I can cinfigure Outlook to te read the
mail from a Pop3 and smtp server from a outside. With Win 98 everyhting is
ok but the problem is with this Win2000 laptop. I know this version of the
Small Business is very old but I would like to know is I can resolve this
issue until I could migrate to another version (maybe SBS 2003 in future).
Thanks for your help... my email adress is: guille62_h@xxxxxxxxx please
write there.

Bill Hoffmann - Brisbane - Australia

  • Re: Tryin to install SBS client in a Win2000 computer
    ... It wasn't clear from your posting if you are following the MS document ... > tio install the network client in a laptop that's running Win2000 ... > Proxy client in this laptop therefore I can cinfigure Outlook to te read ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Outlook over Internet Issues
    ... The certificate is provided by GoDaddy SSL ... configuration on Server or on the client. ... On the Windows Small Business Server 2003, ... How to Deploy RPC over HTTP for the First Time in Small Business Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Unable to browse network
    ... I understand that there is one laptop ... client, when use WiFi connection, it can not browse network and Internet, ... If other laptops also have the issue, that means the whole wireless network ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Unable to browse network
    ... The wireless nic was disabled to join the domain. ... A few days later I get a report that the laptop cannot print and cannot see the server. ... According to your description, I understand that there is one laptop client, when use WiFi connection, it can not browse network and Internet, when use Ethernet connection, it can full access. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Fax service is not working
    ... C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\fax ... Integration\Windows Small Business Server 2003\Logs''. ... You will be prompted to insert the SBS setup Disc 1. ... to assign fax client to the Windows Vista client: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)