Printer problems with SBS2003

Just finished a marathon session installing SBS2003 in an 2-story office
building. I moved them from NT Server to a new Dell 1800 with SBS 2003
professional preinstalled. As for clients, 2 use Win 2000 SP4 and 13 are
still using NT 4 WS SP6a. All is working fine except for the printers.

I have 2 jetdirect boxes that are detected and shared in the office.
Jetdirect box 1 has an HP4 which everyone in the office can connect and
print to. Jetdirect box 2 has a HP 4050, which nobody but the Admin can
attatch to. Two other printers are shared throughout the office, but these
can not be installed by uses either. Security permissions on all are
configured to allow all of the users to print and manage the printer, yet I
get a "you do not have sufficient access to connect to this printer" Then it
says something about a driver needing to be installed locally.

A related problem is that I can not install additional drivers for my
printing devices that are shared on SBS03. I downloaded the NT drivers for
the 4050, but It will not let me install them on the server.

Is there a way of installing priinters to clients from SBS2003? Does anyone
have experience with these issues?

  • Re: Moving Printers
    ... So how does one "install" the drivers for XP on the 2000 machine? ... Install the printer on the server using the "Have Disk" option to ... > drivers on the XP computers when they run the Install Printers Wizard.?? ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Moving Printers
    ... Download the latest drivers for Windows2000 and Windows XP. ... Install the printer on the server using the "Have Disk" option to browse ... drivers on the XP computers when they run the Install Printers Wizard.?? ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Automatically search for network folders and printers
    ... Are the printers using the same drivers that worked in the past? ... Automatically install on the client machines. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Brand new Lexmark E232 wont work
    ... Driver install (USB & Parallel) went without any errors. ... have instructions regarding installing the drivers. ... Some printers are built for a world wide market, ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: word 2007 aborts with vista, but the beta version works. Why?
    ... Vista drivers (no matter how the final combination was arrived at - upgrade, ... clean install, etc) results in a working combination. ... for those Dell printers that Microsoft ... Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)