Re: Can SBS 4.5a and SBS 2003 Exist on Same Network

contrary to popular opinion you can (and i have). just 1 dhcp server can
exist. insure you have matching user names and passwords on each system.

indeed, i have a sbs4.5 and sbs2003 neatly co-existing in my office right
now.

joel in toronto

"Allan C" <proven_solutions@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> We are planning to migrate a customer who is currently running SBS 4.5a to
> SBS 2003.
> I seem to remember reading something years ago that you could not have
> more
> than one SBS 4.5a server on the same network.
> My question is can we have a SBS 4.5a and SBS 2003 server on the same
> network?
>
> Are there any tips or traps to watch out for?
>
> TIA.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Allan C

  • Re: Server/Network setup question
    ... Let's keep the P2P network and the ... SBS server's internal NIC to the switch. ... The internal NIC of the SBS server will default to 192.168.16.2 during the ... you change the IP of the rented printer to 192.168.16.8 (or some ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DHCP Fails on Authorized Server
    ... The DHCP shutdowns may because the SBS detects another DHCP in network. ... How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... And SBS server is only take ... the role of an internal server. ... they are all configured to connected to internal network. ... g. Run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA Server & a WiFi Hotspot (some DHCP for good measure too)
    ... ISA2k4 is currently not supported on SBS ... To review - you have LAN clients that you want to have ... card for your server. ... > network with 5 client computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: VPN Connection Problems
    ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... | Subject: RE: VPN Connection Problems ... you can not ping anything on the SBS network from WAN. ... |> FQDN of the SBS server on the Web Server Certificate page. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)