Any help here...

Allocated Memory Alert Revisited
http://msmvps.com/bradley/archive/2005/02/04/34984.aspx

--
Merv Porter [SBS MVP]
===================================
"MP" <MP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:466B0B85-6B3D-477D-91B8-21C0FD1269D1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Every day we get this error from the SBS reporting. I can't find which app
> is
> causing the error. We have a PowerEdge 2800 with a 3GHz and 2gig of RAM.
> It
> is SBS Premium. THe network only has 5 PCs connected to the SBS server. It
> is
> mainly used a file and print server.
>
> How do I increase the threshold so we don't get this error everyday.
>
> Here is the error:
>
> A large amount of memory is committed to applications and processes.
> Consistently high memory usage can cause performance problems.
>
> To determine which processes and applications are using the most memory,
> use
> Task Manager. Monitor the activity of these resources over a few days. If
> they continue to use a high level of memory and are less critical
> processes
> or services, try stopping and then restarting them.
>

> Thanks

  • RE: 2003 SBS stalling randomly
    ... and I am experiencing the same stalling of SBS 2003 ... memory and Store using upwards of 750 MB of memory. ... The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the ... Press P twice to display allocations from only the paged pool. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: The store.exe process is allocating more memory than usual.
    ... Welcome to SBS nesgroup. ... I understand that after install SBS SP1, your SBS got memory allocates ... It is an expected error after apply the Exchange ... For the Small Business Server 2003, Microsoft has release a specific update ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Problems since SP1 install
    ... Welcome to SBS newsgroup. ... I understand that after install SBS SP1, your premium SBS got memory ... For the Small Business Server 2003, Microsoft has release a specific update ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Internal SQL Server Problem
    ... Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] ... "In systems that use virtual memory, the resulting condition of a hard drive being used excessively for virtual memory because the physical memory is full. ... Disk thrashing considerably slows down the performance of a system because data has to be transferred back and forth from the hard drive to the physical memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 - IIS Websites quit working
    ... thumb, not a law, and b) impossible if you have>GB RAM unless the ... NOT SBS). ... There's an algorithm in memory management that opportunistically uses ... Generally the server will go 3-5 days before the websites stop ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)