Re: SQL Server 6.5 - What is Most Current of SBS That is Compatible?

Yes, they do.
One of my presentations will include upgrading to the newest SQL, O/S and
version of the application.
I do not think that it will fly though due to the cost involved.

--

Regards,

Allan C
"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Allan C wrote:
>
> > The application is written in Visual FoxPro 5.
>
> Double eek, since VFP5 is also 4 versions behind! (current is VFP9)
>
> > There is a combination of stored procedures and calls from within the
> > application to access the SQL 6.5 database.
> > We do not have access to some of the source code that generates the
calls
> > and the manufacturer no longer supports that version of the application
> and
> > will not release the source code.
>
> I'm not surprised the application vendor is not supporting this version
> any more. Though I presume they do have a more recent version?
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

  • Microsoft Connect
    ... But the employer, never handed her a contract of specific duties. ... They tell you they'll do something right away, and I don't think that they've touched the source code and recompiled anything more than once, and that was 2 weeks ago. ... This SQL, isn't running the way it is supposed to, and most people are bitching. ... They are not checking to see if things are being properly parsed, they can't possibly be using any meta tags correctly in the html etc, or the search engines would work fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Iterative loop through SQL expression
    ... Allan: ... I was able to accomplish this with help from your book, "Pro SQL 2005 IS", ... with an Execute SQL Task, a Script Task, and the ForEach ... I've tried to set up the ForEach Loop ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • [Full-Disclosure] Dotnetnuke Multiple Vulnerabilities
    ... DOTNETNUKE MULTIPLE VULNERABILITIES ... Source Code & File Access; ... SQL Injection; ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: concurrency problem with lists ("check constraint" on groups of rows)
    ... create a stored procedure that takes a long parameter list (list_name, ... WHERE parm IS NOT NULL ... The above does not work on SQL Server ... bulk text edit the source code so the CALL uses the new version. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: WITH ENCRYPTION en masse
    ... We build tools to automate the regular source code changes. ... you have lots of SQL source artifacts. ... You can specify to DMS ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)