Re: SQL Server 6.5 - What is Most Current of SBS That is Compatible?

Allan C wrote:

The application is written in Visual FoxPro 5.

Double eek, since VFP5 is also 4 versions behind! (current is VFP9)

There is a combination of stored procedures and calls from within the
application to access the SQL 6.5 database.
We do not have access to some of the source code that generates the calls
and the manufacturer no longer supports that version of the application
and
will not release the source code.

I'm not surprised the application vendor is not supporting this version any more. Though I presume they do have a more recent version?

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

  • Re: just wondering about MSKB 828481
    ... seems to depend on the database being in other than ... > rollback I'll be OK. ... SQL Server doesn't, AFAIK, offer any native method for unravelling ... Steve Foster [SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Network problem - please help
    ... Depending on the migration install, this could be the SMB file locking issue ... Chad A. Gross - SBS MVP ... The problem that I am having is that is I> use access databases stored in the server, ... Once this happens the> database is locked and I have to reboot the server in> order to unlock it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TEST
    ... Error messages ... (SharePoint ... > Javier [SBS MVP] ... Check the database connection information and make ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MS Access on SBS2003
    ... Chad A. Gross - SBS MVP ... >> database simultaneously, then you need to make sure that the database ... >> server, and have each client have their own copy of the front end on ... >>> among the clients and server or does everything have to be ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Setting reminders to clean up mailboxes for some users
    ... Tristan wrote: ... I posted a question regarding making Exchange's database grow past the 16GB a few days ago, I will increase it to 25GB. ... and Exchange will send warning messages once they're breached. ... Steve Foster [SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)