Re: SQL Server 6.5 - What is Most Current of SBS That is Compatible?

You have twigged my interest with the idea of a 'virtual server'.
But, I have no knowledge in that area.
Would it be possible to point me to a quick primer on this topic?

TIA.

--

Regards,

Allan C
"Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> As Steve says, it belongs in the Museum along with DOS and NT4.
>
> INF: SQL Server 6.5, SQL Server 7.0, and MSDE 1.0 Support on Windows
> Server 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810391
>
> However, you may want to think about running it in a Virtual Machine (
> Virtual Server ) if it's vital to the business until such time as you
> can have it upgraded/replaced.
>
> If you want to upgrade to SBS 2K ( Already almost out of date itself )
> read:
> Basic Guidelines for Installing SQL Server Version 6.5 or 7.0
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192710
>

> --
> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
> CI Information Technology
>

> "Allan C" <proven_solutions@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > One of our clients who is currently running SBS 4.5a must continue to
> > use
> > SQL Server 6.5 due to the fact that one of their applications does not
> > work
> > properly with SQL 7.0 and above. Source code is not available for
> > certain
> > parts of the application. I do not have access to the details of the
> > incompatibilities.
> >
> > We are worried about the long term stabilility of the server hardware
> > that
> > they have been using since '99 and are beginning to research
> > purchasing a
> > new server.
> > My question is whether SQL Server 6.5 can be installed on top of the
> > newest
> > Small Business Server?
> > We want to * replace * the SQL Server that would be included with
> > the
> > newest SBS.
> > Will this work without issues?
> >
> > TIA.
>
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Allan C

  • RE: SBS 2003 SP1 Upgrade - MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 did not instal
    ... The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. ... registry keys of the Microsoft SQL server and mail to me for analyze. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... SBS 2003 SP1 Upgrade - MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 did not install ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2008 kaufen aber nur Windows SQL 2008 Nutzen
    ... 2008 sql server auf einem separaten server, die migration auf sbs 2008 würde ich gern noch etwas schieben. ... Kann ich den sbs 2008 pre kaufen, und vorerst nur den 2008 sql server installieren und ihn dann als memberserver in die 2003 umgebung hängen? ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Document database
    ... If you have SBS ... The SQL Server included with SBS 2003 can only be installed on the ... SBS server itself, however, it can be used to upgrade the SharePoint ...
  • Re: SBS 2008 SQL server question...
    ... SBS remote support services. ... mickm at mickmalloy dot dyndns dot org ... For the primary server in the configuration being discussed, when I read that link I posted to you, it seemed like I could run the primary server on a 32bit machine BUT the 2nd server if running HV etc... ... wouldn't the primary server be running full blown SBS 2008 (minus SQL server) and the 2ndary server be running only the 2008 core stuff with HV and SQL server running in a child partition along with other virtual environments I will want to have? ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • RE: SQLServer unauthenticated access.
    ... I understand that you want to make your SBS ... SBS server must be work in Active Directory environment. ... not make SBS work in workgroup environment. ... Since your application is web based, I suggest you to install SQL server on ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)