Re: Setting up an Intranet Site

Henry - thanks, that sounds an economic & fail-safe way of trying the
upgrade.

"Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Sorry Al, Not getting much time to revisit the Ng at the moment.
>
> Ok ! Dual P3s are a little old for SBS2K3 IMHO, but it's possible.
> Assuming this id SBS 2K and not 4.5 my plan would be to put in an IDE
> Drive, Ghost to that, ( then replace the drives and Ghost back if you
> like ), and just do an in-place upgrade per the Docs on the SBS Website.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/upgrade/default.mspx#EBAA
>
> Make sure you have all the drivers you may need.
> Worst case you can blow it away and Ghost back to the old SBS 2K setup.
>
> --
> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
> CI Information Technology
>

> "Al" <aadfvadvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Sorry - typo on size of drive - should read 36gb (it is 3 x 18gb on a
>> Raid 5 format)
>>
>> "Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> With a P3, 6Gb HDD I'd forget about upgrading on the same hardware.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
>>> CI Information Technology
>>>
>>> "Al" <sadfgk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Re: Expired continued
    ... Once the Client is Running on the Trial Software in full production they ... either have to upgrade to the Full version anyway, ... Henry Craven ... Melbourne SBS Users Group - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OT: ZoneAlarm Bloatware
    ... I just tried the upgrade to see if they had ... When I attempted to install I got a message ... format just put the ghost backup for that drive back on. ... I also use 2 USB portables to do backups onto. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: OT: ZoneAlarm Bloatware
    ... I just tried the upgrade to see if they had ... When I attempted to install I got a message ... I did the same ZA download just a week ago and had no problems at ... That's why I run ghost on all my drives every two days & save on ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Ghost 14.0 backup password lost...
    ... Rather stupidly, after doing quite a bit of work on my brothers XP Home based PC on the 16th October, and whilst he was wandering around his home later that day recovering from a general anaesthetic, I did a final Ghost backup to his internal hd drive D:\ ...I,, suggested entering a Ghost 14.0 "encryption password," which he suggested,, and now neither of us can remember it. ... to say that he'd tried to "upgrade" AVG 8.5 to version 9.0 and ended up with his PC failing to boot up! ... ...and I usually do not ever enter an encryption password when Ghost backing up. ... He then used his PC until yesterday 30th Oct. when he then chose the darned "Easily upgrade to AVG 9.0" option that AVG slapped on to its' AVG 8.5 program interface, and he ended up with a non-booting PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Upgrade Bootcamp Macbook Pro Hard Drive using Ghost
    ... Ghost 8.3 to clone the original drive? ... increase partition sizes as well when I do the upgrade. ... You have to boot from the Ghost CD ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)