SQL Server 6.5 - What is Most Current of SBS That is Compatible?

One of our clients who is currently running SBS 4.5a must continue to use
SQL Server 6.5 due to the fact that one of their applications does not work
properly with SQL 7.0 and above. Source code is not available for certain
parts of the application. I do not have access to the details of the
incompatibilities.

We are worried about the long term stabilility of the server hardware that
they have been using since '99 and are beginning to research purchasing a
new server.
My question is whether SQL Server 6.5 can be installed on top of the newest
Small Business Server?
We want to * replace * the SQL Server that would be included with the
newest SBS.
Will this work without issues?

TIA.

--

Regards,

Allan C

  • Re: Application Security
    ... these Windows Forms applications, ASP.NET applications, Windows services, or ... I assume that your C# clients are not distributed to end users. ... > There is a global SQL Server userid and password. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: SharePoint and Windows Sharepoint Services
    ... I am running SBS 2003 and running MSDB. ... "Peter" wrote: ... > In sharepoint the database server has been defined as: ... > SQL Server Database Name: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WSUS
    ... why SBS has multiple instances. ... That gives you the process ids, instance names, etc. of all SQL Server ... If you're running SBS off a single IDE/SATA 7200rpm drive, ... Steve Foster [SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SQL Server Express db size
    ... backing up your transaction log. ... Upgrade to a retail version of SQL Server ... I have a small business client that is running SBS 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: sqlserv.exe process