Re: NT Backup

On Tue, 12 Apr 2021 17:47:31 +0200, "Per W." <pwbuf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Project Sega" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i melding
>> Is NT Backup any good? We normally use and recommend Veritas for all
>> our customers but one is resisting and trying to get NTbackup going
>> successfully.
>>
>> The problem is that it doesnt seem to be working and I cant see any
>> obvious way (such as logs) of confirming that it is working.
>>
>> Also in NT backup and the calender page does anyone know what the blue
>> 'N' means next to the job?
>
>It can be tricky to get NT backup run in schedule, you has to configure the
>media under the removable storage, and that can be a hard job. Its seems
>like the new backup under 2003SBS is better to handle this, but i always
>tell the customer that the price for Veritas is so low that the time you use
>on configure and testing the NT backup is almost the same, and that in
>Veritas there is better control and logs. (NT Backup is a simple version
>made from Veritas).
>
>/Per W.

Thanks for the info. I think I may stick to my guns and guide them
down the Veritas route.

Rgrds,
Jon

  • Re: Backup software that works on BES /SBS w/ Exchange 2003
    ... job before the backup runs, ... I get the occasional error about certain items when veritas attempts to ... File option that will apparently allow BES backups nicely- but I do not ... >> Blackberry Enterprise Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Backup Question
    ... I don't know if Veritas is able to backup without the VSS ... > latest patches. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Backup Question
    ... Hi Marina, ... The problem I'm having is that Veritas backup exec ... "Backup - Shadow?Copy?Components Shadow?Copy?Components - A failure occurred ... SQL is running on the server, but I did not install it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: NTBackup is it really good compared to other solutions?
    ... Lack of reporting: The reports are in plain text and seem very ... media..etc when trying to backup to a mapped drive to a NAS. ... Veritas has 5-6 services, ... Exchange backed up by NT Backup to a Flat File on the server hard disk. ...
  • RE: Off-Site Server Recovery
    ... this is not a migration question. ... the system and Exchange will fail over to another server. ... you can use Windows backup utility to backup ... With regards to the Veritas has capability to make 'image' of the entire ...