Disaster Recovery Plan for SBS 2003
- From: "B Ras" <b1dupree@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2021 16:18:36 -0400
We would like to create a backup recovery plan in case the main SBS 2003
server is inaccessible or destroyed.
We have a backup server kept in a remote location which would be used. It
has completely different hardware from the production SBS 2003 server.
We would like to be able to restore the important data from a Backup Exec
10.0 tape from the production server to the backup server (BTW, the backup
server is not being used for anything else--it is in a remote location):
1. Exchange database
3. Updates to AD (such as new users)
It seems that with two different servers (the old one being an old IBM
Pentium III and the new one being an HP ML350 G4), it would be a challenge
to accomplish this task.
Can anyone help invent a plan that would enable us to accomplish this?
The older IBM server already has a clean installation of SBS 2003. The
difficult part would seem to be restoring the Exchange database and the
updated user info in Active Directory.
Any assistance and insight would be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Upgrade SBS 2000 to SBS 2003
- Next by Date: Re: Problem send all outgoing mail.
- Previous by thread: Windows XP Home
- Next by thread: Creating roaming profiles ..