Disaster Recovery Plan for SBS 2003

We would like to create a backup recovery plan in case the main SBS 2003
server is inaccessible or destroyed.
We have a backup server kept in a remote location which would be used. It
has completely different hardware from the production SBS 2003 server.
We would like to be able to restore the important data from a Backup Exec
10.0 tape from the production server to the backup server (BTW, the backup
server is not being used for anything else--it is in a remote location):
1. Exchange database
2. Files
3. Updates to AD (such as new users)

It seems that with two different servers (the old one being an old IBM
Pentium III and the new one being an HP ML350 G4), it would be a challenge
to accomplish this task.

Can anyone help invent a plan that would enable us to accomplish this?
The older IBM server already has a clean installation of SBS 2003. The
difficult part would seem to be restoring the Exchange database and the
updated user info in Active Directory.

Any assistance and insight would be appreciated.

  • RE: Server Error in /Backup Application.
    ... Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... Regarding the error you receive when you use the Monitoring and Reporting, ... 823379 You receive a "Server Error in '/' Application. ... Monitoring site, Backup site, and Companyweb each has their own Web.config ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS Backup problems
    ... other application service) installed on the SBS 2003 server? ... So I would not think this could be the reason for backup ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Backup failing
    ... I understand that you encounter error 800423f4 when trying to backup SBS ... volume by using the Volume Shadow Copy service in Windows Server 2003 ... I've re-registered the VSS DLLs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Auditing a User Account
    ... Make an ASR backup of the server. ... Make a current system state backup of the server. ... The System state backup should be made before any change is allowed on the SBS 2003 server, ... Open the Group Policy Management Console. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS Backup problems
    ... Hardware Compatibility List for Windows Server 2003. ... I would like to suggest you install Exchange 2003 SP1 on the SBS ... Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ... Be sure to make a full backup of SBS server immediately before and after ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)