Re: SQL on SBS 2000

Donald and Supergumby,
Early releases of SBS installed SQL2K automatically. For the last year or so
SQL2K was an option which was not automatically selected.

The correct procedure to install is to re-run SBS Setup and select the SQL2K
option.

Remember to install upgrade patches, current is SQL2K SP3 but SP4 will be
released very shortly.

HTH,
Tony

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" wrote:

> yes SQL is included in SBS2000. If your install was performed correctly you
> should have an entry for Small Business Server in Add/Remove Programs in
> Control Panel. Go in there and assuming it's there run it. It will allow you
> to modify your existing installation to install SQL Server.
>
> BTW
> SBS Newsgroups:
>
> SBS v4.x: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
> SBS 2000: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
> SBS 2003: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>
> "Donald Watson" <REMOVETHISTOSEND.dwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:wug5e.71$cu2.774@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Under my old SBS 4.5, SQL was installed.
> >
> > We upgraded to SBS 2000 in late 2003 early 2004.
> >
> > We never used SQL under 4.5 but now we are starting to do more database
> > work and I'd like to use SQL on the server and use the Active pages to
> > access data, (No more Access on everyone's computer).
> >
> > However, I just went in and examined my SBS 2000 server and don't find SQL
> > or the front end stuff for SQL anywhere.
> >
> > Is SQL still included with SBS 2000 or did I miss something.
> >
> > A third part preinstalled SBS 2000 on the current server. I don't know if
> > they skipped anything.
> >
> > Thanks

  • RE: Unable to reinstall companyweb
    ... SharePoint on the SBS 2K3 Server. ... 829114 How to remove and how to install the Windows Small Business Server ... SP4 installed on the main SQL instance and SP3 on the Sharepoint MSDE ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Monitoring and Reporting
    ... I understand that you unable to get SBS ... monitoring report after you install Windows server 2003 sp2. ... To successfully install SBS 2003 SP1, ... Downloading and Installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 R2 - Please Help
    ... computers be slow after you install the full SBS 2003 R2 components. ... log on slow is probably refer to incorrect DNS ... as the DNS server on the clients rather than the ISP DNS servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Sharepoint Service, company web reinstallation
    ... Welcome to SBS newsgroup. ... I understand that you want to reinstall the companyweb on your SBS 2003 ... Business Server 2003 (If you are in the middle of RC to RTM upgrade, ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Fax Sharepoint Routing
    ... Business Server 2003 and click "Change/Remove", ... If the Fax Services component was original installed by using the SBS ... Install fro the Fax Server component. ... And then we should push the shared fax client application from server to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)