Re: Setting up an Intranet Site

Henry thanks - my worry is how difficult the upgrade is (have to do it
ourselves & can't afford any downtime risk!) - existing hardware is twin P3
1gb ram, adaptec RAID with 6gb but only 1/2 used. Would rather not buy
another server - what are the pros & cons of upgrade "as is" or fresh instal
on new HD's (so could revert to the old drives if new instal is tricky!) but
how difficult is it them to move existing setings/data.
Thanks

"Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Host it on the server at:
> Systemdrive\Inetpub\Intranet
>
> Have you looked at the Sharepoint Companyweb that comes with SBS 2003 -
> The Upgrade would pay for itself in time and functionality in building
> your own alone.
>
> --
> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
> CI Information Technology
>
> "Al" <aadfvadvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I want to have a basic Intranet site (created using Frontpage) that all
>>users will then have as the homepage of their browser. However I can;t
>>work out where the intranet site will be located & if there are any issues
>>to making the space (on the server I assume) capable of handling a FP
>>site. (SBS2000)

  • Re: Setting up an Intranet Site
    ... Host it on the server at: ... Melbourne SBS Users Group ... >I want to have a basic Intranet site that all ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Windows 2003 64-bit domain rename
    ... I think adding the other DC, which each DC adds the LdapIpAddres record, that shows up as: ... With AD, this is a necessary record for all DCs to find themselves, as well as GPO acquisition by clients when they run the GetGpoList function, as well as for DFS and other background AD funtions. ... Even if the intranet site is on a non-DC, it would still cause a problem because of the LdapIpAddress record. ... If I assumed incorrectly concerning your intranet site, please elaborate more on how your intranet site is configured, what server it;s on, etc. ...
  • Allowing users to change their password via the web
    ... I have recently set up an Intranet site for my company. ... accessed via a VPN connection from any one of our worldwide ... The server is not a domain controller, or running Active Directory, so ... SetPassword function running as admin, but supplied with user details (that ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Clients are getting locked out
    ... Using Outlook 2000 on the clients? ... > In task manager Network monitoring on the server, ... >>> Melbourne SBS Users Group ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Session Time Out Issue In ASP.NEtT hosted in Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
    ... One intranet site. ... My intranet site web server also hosts a legacy web speed ... This problem occurs only in the intranet web server where my web ... working fine in the internet site to the intranet site virtual ...