Re: Upgrade SBS 2000 to SBS 2003

Hi Donald,

Depends on how the SBS 2000 was setup originally. You can do an inplace
upgrade, but might come across a few issues. You can also have a look at
www.sbsmigration.com from Jeff Middleton, which uses a temp server and will
save you a lot of reconfiguring on the clients.

--
Regards,

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP
One of the Magical M&M's

"Donald Watson" <REMOVETHISTOSEND.dwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in
bericht news:pFg5e.76$cu2.827@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> First of all, I've been off this newsgroup for a while and I'm really glad
> to see many of the top MVP's still posting. Thanks again for being there.
>
> Now, I have been looking around and I believe there is a supposedly simple
> upgrade path from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003, However, Before I even consider
> jumping into the pond and doing it, I'd like to see what real world
> experience people have seen with upgrading.
>
> I don't have a problem doing a full clean install and then migrating from
> the old stuff except I'll be using the same server.
>
> Thanks for any notes.
>
> Doc

  • Re: reaching the 50 user barrier on SBS 2000
    ... Upgrading to SBS2003 for 50 users would cost you: ... The migration pack alone costs more than that + you need to get migration ... Javier [SBS MVP] ... > upgrade to SBS2003 only to exceed the limits there in less than two years. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Premium SP1 Upgrade Story
    ... that's why I built a clean SBS with SP1. ... The server has now been rebuilt with a clean install of SBS 2003 Premium ... I may try an upgrade again tomorrow. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Transition Pack versions and availablilty
    ... It requires that you upgrade to SP2 for Exchange and SP2 for Sharepoint, both of which you should have already done. ... The good news is that once you're done, your existing SBS wizards, including RWW, will still work. ... Getting back to the original question; any experiences applying the transition pack, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS2003 from evaluation to paid version - how to?
    ... > Then I went ahead and and decided to install SBS SP1. ... >> Business Server 2003, you can upgrade to the retail version by running ... you can also upgrade an evaluation version of Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS2003 Upgarde failing in action 18 of 42
    ... I understand that you failed upgrade SBS 2000 to SBS ... Migrating from Small Business Server 2000 or Windows 2000 Server to Windows ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)