Re: SQL on SBS 2000

yes SQL is included in SBS2000. If your install was performed correctly you
should have an entry for Small Business Server in Add/Remove Programs in
Control Panel. Go in there and assuming it's there run it. It will allow you
to modify your existing installation to install SQL Server.

BTW
SBS Newsgroups:

SBS v4.x: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
SBS 2000: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
SBS 2003: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

"Donald Watson" <REMOVETHISTOSEND.dwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:wug5e.71$cu2.774@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Under my old SBS 4.5, SQL was installed.
>
> We upgraded to SBS 2000 in late 2003 early 2004.
>
> We never used SQL under 4.5 but now we are starting to do more database
> work and I'd like to use SQL on the server and use the Active pages to
> access data, (No more Access on everyone's computer).
>
> However, I just went in and examined my SBS 2000 server and don't find SQL
> or the front end stuff for SQL anywhere.
>
> Is SQL still included with SBS 2000 or did I miss something.
>
> A third part preinstalled SBS 2000 on the current server. I don't know if
> they skipped anything.
>
> Thanks

  • RE: Unable to reinstall companyweb
    ... SharePoint on the SBS 2K3 Server. ... 829114 How to remove and how to install the Windows Small Business Server ... SP4 installed on the main SQL instance and SP3 on the Sharepoint MSDE ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Redundancy design in SBS Domain
    ... But virtualization was not on my radar, and Exchange and SQL need more with each iteration. ... I originally went the SBS route because it was by far the cheapest was to get a server up and running with SQL Server at the time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SQL Enterprise Manager
    ... It's OK to install SQL Server on SBS 2003 Standard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Redundancy design in SBS Domain
    ... Is to forget about the redundancy thing and install on one decent box: ... 2nd server as Hyper-V host, ... SBS as guest. ... Exchange and SQL on much less. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Windows Update Question
    ... My company did not install the SBS. ... We have been called in to install an accounting app. ... that uses SQL ... We noticed that the SQL Server 2000 SP4 was not installed and ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)