Re: Is it possible to "demote" the original Windows 2000 SBS and add it as a member server to a new Windows 2003 domain.

No.

"Barry McConomy" <smile@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My old domain consisted of a Windows 2000 SBS with 10 Workstations.
>
> I have installed a new Windows 2003 SBS (Premium) server and joined all
> existing client workstations to the new domain.
>
> Is it possible to "demote" the original Windows 2000 SBS and add it as a
> member server to the new domain.
>
> Regards
> Barry

  • Re: SBS as Member Server
    ... You don't need to know any passwords of any of your users - Active ... You don't have to touch workstations to make them work on the network - ... It is less expensive to take a course on SBS 2003 than it is to ... You cannot run SBS 2003 as a member server and that is actually against your ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Workstations unable to use the shared fax
    ... > Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... > I understand that your Windows XP Home clients cannot send fax. ... > Please understand that SBS 2003 Shared Fax requires the client workstations ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Workstations unable to use the shared fax
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... I understand that your Windows XP Home clients cannot send fax. ... Please understand that SBS 2003 Shared Fax requires the client workstations ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: File Share issues
    ... It looks like your workstations aren't getting the proper info from the DHCP ... server (the SBS server). ... Windows IP Configuration ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: upgrade question
    ... If the SBS will let you convert it to a member server first, ... > I'm close to migrating from a SBS2000 domain to a full Windows 2003. ... Also setup DNS on this machine and make it a GC. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)