SQL on SBS 2000

Under my old SBS 4.5, SQL was installed.

We upgraded to SBS 2000 in late 2003 early 2004.

We never used SQL under 4.5 but now we are starting to do more database work
and I'd like to use SQL on the server and use the Active pages to access
data, (No more Access on everyone's computer).

However, I just went in and examined my SBS 2000 server and don't find SQL
or the front end stuff for SQL anywhere.

Is SQL still included with SBS 2000 or did I miss something.

A third part preinstalled SBS 2000 on the current server. I don't know if
they skipped anything.

Thanks

  • Re: Redundancy design in SBS Domain
    ... But virtualization was not on my radar, and Exchange and SQL need more with each iteration. ... I originally went the SBS route because it was by far the cheapest was to get a server up and running with SQL Server at the time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Std - SQL Eval expired...will un-installing break SBS fun
    ... I agree with Claus that you're able to remove SQL 2005 instances if you did ... you can get SBS R2 which already contains SQL Server 2005 ... Workgroup Edition, and upgrade Sharepoint instance, and install other ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: sharepoint error
    ... If you are using SBS 2003 Premium Edition the easiest way is to follow ... to upgrade the SharePoint named instance. ... and search on "Migrating from WMSDE to SQL Server" ... Microsoft Small Business Server Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WSUS
    ... Les Connor [SBS MVP] ... Is your server exhibiting significant performance problems, and if so, how ... SQL Server: ... >No wonder SBS brings servers with 4GB of RAM to their knees. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: NOLOCK due to data movement
    ... It is unfortunate that you do not understand that this is an SBS problem. ... The default instance of SQL 2005 is working fine. ... Please understanding our newsgroup is mainly focused on SBS support. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)