Problem runnnig NT service after upgrading to SBS2003

I recently upgraded a SBS4.5 network to SBS2003. There are 2 NT4 workstation
units that are in the network to run specialty applications. The
applications run as a service on the NT Workstations and must be set up so
that they are logged on with the domain/administrator account (in the
service startup properties). They worked fine with SBS4.5. After migrating
the NT Workstations to SBS2003, when I try to start the services with the
domain/administrator account, I get an error message saying that the account
cannot be found or is invalid. The account is clearly okay because I use it
to log on to the NT Workstation in the first place. Its just that I can's
start a service using that account. The service starts fine with the
local/administrator account, but not with the domain/administrator account.
Both Workstations have SP6a and I installed the activedirectory client on
them, but with no luck. Does anyone anve any idea what is going on?

Stephen

  • Re: Rollback Solution / Password Reset
    ... Mike Davidson Ireland ... environment where workstations are loosing connection to the Domain. ... the server is throwing the account off the domain. ... Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express ...
  • Re: New Domain Name
    ... Danny wrote: ... Presently my workstations log on to mydomain.ca and ... transfer Files and Settings to new profile? ... account of user that utilizes this particular machine. ...
  • Controls for client machines
    ... I am trying to assess the risks that this causes to local data files and network security in general. ... For NT workstations it would be possible to use a NTFSDOS boot disk to ... allows the password of any local account to be set. ... domain account while disconnected from the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Easy question on the local admin passwords
    ... Or even why worry about a local password on workstations. ... Set the account to a random long impossible to remember password and when you need to get into a machine and domain creds aren't working, reset the password with one of the hack CDs. ... The startup script has the obvious issues already discussed. ... GPO scripts which is not good because the SMS packages and GPO scripts ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Controls for client machines
    ... floppy - cd drive or at least not able to boot from is a good first step ... For these workstations I ... > allows the password of any local account to be set. ... > domain account while disconnected from the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)