Re: pop3 connector event id 7023

Tech-Archive recommends: Fix windows errors by optimizing your registry

From: R.A. (ralkhulaifi_at_999tomkinson.com.au)
Date: 02/06/05

Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 09:05:22 +1100

Ok well I uninstalled Vet AV and restarted the server but the resault
was still the same.
I will follow the original answer from this point and reinstall the pop3
connecter, and i'll get back to you tomorrow about it.

cheers

R.A. wrote:
> Henry Craven wrote:
>
>> Hi R.A.
>> Glad to ear your better and back on top.
>>
>> While your issue has popped ;-) up occasionally no one seems to have
>> bothered to post back that Suggestion x or y worked for them ( or not )
>>
>> Although apparently not directly related, this Fix has been mentioned
>> in relation to your issue and may well be worth a try:
>> Scheduled POP3 connector e-mail message downloads may not occur on
>> your Windows Small Business Server 2003-based computer
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833992
>>
>> I'm also curious if you're running any AV/Anti-SPAM software or if
>> your running the POP3 Service itself and what effect stopping those
>> services may have.
>>
> I can report that this hasen't fixed my problem, the only thing that's
> running on the server is Vet AV.
>
> I will try stopping vet tonight and restarting, and get back to you
> regarding that.
>
> cheers
> R.A.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: pop3 server will not restart/start
    ... I have had the same experience of not being able to start Pop3 service--while ... to Exchange Server using the pop3 service. ... I tried restarting the pop3 service on the exchange server. ...
  • Re: Win32.Sircam.Worm Alert.....
    ... Vet is on top of it now. ... the way we identified suspect file attachments was that those affected seem ... which deletes it from the server and affected workstations. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Amelia could use some purrs too
    ... sneezing soon we'll have to go back to the vet again. ... Mega purrs ... Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)