Re: Floppy Disk Necessary?

From: Richard Rees (rees_richard_don't_sp_at_m_me_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/31/04

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 06:38:55 GMT

AMEN to that... you can save HEAPS of time with the good old floppy drive...
SCSI drives cannot not be added at install with USB memory keys in floppy
disk emulation mode.. well not by me anyways!

"Dirk-Thomas Brown" <youhadtoask@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sure makes adding the RAID card drivers a snap..................
>
> Dirk-Thomas
>
> "Theo" <theo@mitw.lan> wrote in message
> > Is a floppy disk required for SBS 2003
> > Thanks
> > Theo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RAID Setup and DP35DP?
    ... BIOS 0262 "removed floppy menu screen for boards that don't support it" ... ... Thus I want to specify RAID now in the BIOS as Intel strongly recommends, ... All this I did OK last week with a Vista install, but that week taught me that I strongly want to be running WinXP instead. ...
    (comp.sys.intel)
  • Re: MAKING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM SECURE AFTER ITíS BEEN COMPROMISED
    ... > decided to install X Software Application on a computer, ... So you got hit by a script-kiddy trojan. ... > youíre online using your computer, with a floppy in the drive. ... Export Registry File ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Floppy works first time
    ... I tried 10 times and the 11th times it did not ask for the floppy but loaded ... and now want to install WinXP Home on another HDD. ... My initial setup process starts with my USB FDD already connected. ... the diskette with the RAID/AHCI driver is ...
  • Re: Floppy stopped working: Could this mean a boot sector virus?
    ... the floppy only works in the bay? ... drive or wipe the C drive and install 98SE from the original install discs ... Is there any way of getting into windows and going to the D drive and using ... >> The only other oddity is that all the drives show to be working in DOS ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Floppy stopped working: Could this mean a boot sector virus?
    ... i think you asked how to reinstall win98 and you must do a clean boot and boot off the floppy and then it will run the install cd. ... Now that I discover that the floppy wont work at the end of the cable which is provided for it to be connected to the parallel port, I am trying to move on from that point to discover both how to install the OS onto what I would like to be a blank hard drive and why the floppy drive wont work in the bay. ... The only other oddity is that all the drives show to be working in DOS compatibility mode??? ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)