Re: Terminal server client through vpn.

From: SuperGumby [SBS MVP] (not_at_your.nellie)
Date: 10/31/04

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 16:34:12 +1100

all IP traffic through a VPN suffers a performance penalty.

as an IP connection through a VPN RDP suffers no more nor less than any
other ip traffic.

"Michael Cleland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if running terminal server thru a
> vpn incurs performance penalties.
>
> I have implemented the vpn in a Billion 7500G
> vpn/firewall appliance rather than exposing the public IP
> on the SBServer.
>
> Terminal server clients then connect to the Terminal
> server thru the vpn.
>
> We only need the terminal services server functionality,
> no vpn access is required, but this configuration was
> indeeed quite simple to implement.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: router - firewall
    ... Adzap, VPN, OpenSwan, ... > connections several ways: ... > the connection is to the Terminal Server, ... > We setup most offices with a VPN into a firewall appliance, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: anyone using PPC for remote Network/Server Administration?
    ... If the Terminal Serveryour trying to connect to through the VPN tunnel use dotted address ... but when I connect through the VPN and launch the terminal server client ... >>>>>I have HP Ipaq 6215, and am using Terminal Server Client for remote administration, but the ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: router - firewall
    ... Adzap, VPN, OpenSwan, ... but because most users will have slow internet connections when ... the connection is to the Terminal Server, ... We setup most offices with a VPN into a firewall appliance, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: locking down Terminal Server in SBS2003 environment (regular users)...not a duplicate question
    ... Firewall-to-Firewall VPN between Richmond and each location. ... The users in the remote offices have a hard time connecting to documents ... they are connected to the terminal server (which is sitting right next to ... the Accounting Software is indeed installed on the SBS2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Working from afar
    ... either vpn or terminal server. ... In our scenario we VPN ... We found using filemaker straight over a VPN was unusably slow with our ... database (which admittedly is complex and has lots of relationships, files, ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)